West Coast House
Our stunning and contemporary West Coast House has just undergone a major refurbishment and now offers beautiful accommodation to the highest standard. With cool and calm coastal interiors, wonderful sea views and perfectly situated above Porthmeor beach, West Coast House offers sumptuous accommodation for up to 8 guests, includes parking for two cars and outside terraces, making this the perfect haven for a special seaside getaway.
- Weekly prices start from £950.
- Short breaks available.
- Four beautifully appointed bedrooms including two king bedrooms (one being en suite), a double and a twin bedroom.
- Fantastic sea views from the Lounge and King bedrooms on both the first and second floor.
- Bespoke, open plan kitchen/diner.
- Small, private courtyard to the rear and a small terrace to the front of the house.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and induction hob, washing machine/dryer and dishwasher.
- Cosy lounge with wood burning stove and a separate snug area.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Gas central heating.
- All bills included.
- Gilchrist & Soames guest toiletries.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Parking for two cars to the rear of the property
Short breaks available all year round
3 Night weekend break from £665
4 Nights midweek break from £665
On the map!
West Coast House is a beautiful house located on Clodgy View offering the most wonderful views over Porthmeor Beach.
West Coast House is located just above the town and access to the shops, restaurants and beaches is a short walk down hill.
The kitchen/diner, living room, snug and wet room are located on the ground floor.
On the first floor there is one king size bedroom, one twin bedroom, and one double bedroom along with a bathroom with shower and an additional WC. There is a king size bedroom on the second floor with an ensuite shower room. There is a small terrace to the front of the house with a bench and a narrow courtyard area at the rear of the property with a table and chairs. There is parking for two cars.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1JG. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- West Coast House is located on a slightly narrow road which is easily accessed by car. There is a narrow access road to the rear of the property where the parking is located.
- The nearest beach is Porthmeor (100 metres away) by a pathway to the right of the car park in front of the house which includes about 25 steps. The Harbour Beach (120 metres away) accessed down a steep hill with about 50 steps. Porthgwidden, and Bamaluz beaches are a 10 minute walk and Porthminster beach a 15 minute walk away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 100 metres away down a flight of approximately 50 steps.
- The nearest shop is located 100 metres away.
- The property is situated between the Tate and Barbara Hepworth Museum.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- All duvets and pillows are anti-allergic and are not duck down or feather. Quality linen and towels are provided.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking and no pets are accepted.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- There is a driveway to the rear of the property which is large enough to fit two cars.
- On arrival there will be a welcome hamper including Cornish provisions, tea bags, ground coffee, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives or M&S on the A30 at the Hayle roundabout about 6 miles away.
- We have a comprehensive information folder within the property.
Kitchen and living area
- There are two external entrances to the house.
- The front door is located on Clodgy View. There are 3 steps in two sections up to reach the front door.
- The back door is located on Bowling Green Terrace at the end of the driveway with 1 step up into the kitchen.
- There are wooden floorboards throughout the ground floor and original floorboards in the bedrooms and on the landing on the first floors. The bathroom, WC and ensuite are laminate and the ground floor wet room is tiled. The stairs throughout and second floor bedroom are carpeted.
- The kitchen has an electric hob with electric oven under, full size dishwasher, large upright fridge/freezer, washing machine with built in drier, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 8 guests, tea towels, oven glove, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 92cm. The kitchen diner and wet room are very adequately lit by spot lights.
- There is a large table suitable for 8 guests in the kitchen diner area.
- The lounge has a three seater, two seater sofa and further armchair and pouffe, a flat screen TV with built in DVD with a small library of DVDs. There is a woodburning stove and enough logs, firelighters and kindling will be
- The snug has a three seater sofa and large pouffe with a flat screen TV with built in DVD player. There is a DAB bluetooth radio on the console table in the hallway.
- There are slatted blinds to the windows of all rooms throughout the house.
- Through the front door is a narrow hallway which opens out to the snug area which includes a cupboard under the stairs.
- From the hallway there are 10 carpeted stairs up to the first floor and a further two steps up to the WC, family bathroom twin bedroom. The bathroom includes a full size bath, shower enclosure, wash hand basin, WC and radiator.
- The twin bedroom has two single (3’) beds, a bedside table with lamp, a chest of drawers and hairdryer. There is a slatted blind to the window. The twin room overlooks the rear courtyard.
- There are a further four carpeted steps up to the king and double room at the front of the house.
- The king size bedroom has two bedside tables with lamps, a chest of drawers and a wardrobe. There is a vanity mirror and a hairdryer is provided. This room also has magnificent sea views. There is a coffee table and upholstered chair positioned in the bay window. There are slatted blinds at the windows. There is a non functioning feature fireplace and a TV in this room.
- The double bedroom overlooks the rear courtyard and has two bedside tables with lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers. There is a mirror and a hairdryer is provided.
- There is a mirror on the landing.
- There are 7 carpeted stairs from the landing leading to a further 7 carpeted stairs up to the second floor bedroom.
- The stairs and bedrooms are carpeted and there is a handrail to the left.
- The stairs lead through a door and into a bedroom with absolutely magnificent sea views. There is a king size bed, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps and spotlights, chest of drawers, wardrobe and TV. The windows have slatted blinds.
- The ceiling is of full height except towards the sides of the room where it meets the roof line.
- The ensuite shower room includes an enclosed shower cubicle, wash hand basin, WC and mirror.
- West Coast House has a front and rear courtyard.
- The front area has a bench and the rear area has a table and chairs.
- There is an outdoor tap, hooks for wet suits and enough space to store surf and body boards. There is a retractable washing line and pegs.
- The drive is located to the rear of the property can fit two large cars. It measure approximately 4m x 8m
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.