The Lobster’s Residence
The Lobster’s Residence is beautifully decorated throughout with cosy soft furnishings and delightful details. The cool open-plan loft area hosts the lounge and kitchen diner, making it the perfect St Ives hideaway for families and couples.
This newly refurbished Downalong beauty with ‘the pink door’ sleeps five guests in two beautifully appointed bedrooms with one king size bed and a triple sleeper bunk. There is a stylish large bathroom and a small outside seating area, perfect for a summer’s eve watching our St Ives world go by.
The Lobster’s Residence is dog friendly and perfectly positioned for rambles on Porthmeor Beach, visits to the iconic Tate St Ives, strolls on cobbled Fore Street or dinner on the harbour front.
- Weekly prices from £625
- Short breaks available
- Two beautifully appointed bedrooms: one king size master bedroom and a triple sleeper bunk
- Large wet room with walk in shower
- Cosy living room with plenty of seating for 5, plus Smart TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Central heating
- All bills included
- Quality bed linen and bath towels provided
- Welcome hamper with locally sourced Cornish yummy goodies
- Outside area with seating
- NO smoking
- Dog friendly (X1)
Weekly rates from £625
Short breaks from £575
On the map!
The Lobster's Residence, Porthmeor Square, Saint Ives TR26 1ND, UK
The Lobster's Residence, Porthmeor Square, Saint Ives TR26 1ND, UK
The Lobsters Residence is a beautiful fisherman’s cottage located in the heart of Downalong at the end of Back Road West in St Ives. The cottage has a delightful cool contemporary interior with a slightly retro feel which stands out from the usual nautical seaside themed holiday cottages. The perfect relaxing hideaway, just a stone’s throw from the lovely Porthmeor surfing beach and the hustle and bustle of the harbour, shops & restaurants.
While we aim to meet the needs of all our guests, The Lobsters Residence is not suitable for those with limited mobility or wheelchair users due to its tight access next to parked cars and steps up to the property. If you do require a wheelchair friendly property, please contact the Cherished where we can best advise you.
The Lobsters Residence is set over two floors. The cottage is pet friendly and has a small outside terrace with table & chairs. Please note there is no garden or private parking.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1NW. Please note: For a delivery, please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 5pm when you are there to receive it.
- The Lobsters Residence is located at the end of Back Road West with easy access by car. Please note: There is no parking allocated with this property.
- The nearest beaches are Porthgwidden and Porthmeor (conveniently located just around the corner from Lobsters) and the Harbour is located 200 metres away.
- The main center of St Ives is located 200 metres away.
- The nearest mini market is located 100/200 metres away – Norway Stores.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- The cottage has central heating, guests can control the timing of this.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
- 1 small/medium dog accepted.
- Keys are in the key safe at the cottage; full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 5pm onwards.
- You can unload outside the front of the cottage; parking can be obtained in the council parks ranging from 200m-600m away.
- On arrival there will be a welcome hamper including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk, and fresh flowers, however, we recommend that you shop at one of the superstores on your way into St Ives either Lidl, M&S (Hayle) or Tesco (Carbis Bay).
- The Lobsters Residence is accessed through a private car park and up two steps to a small terrace at the end of Back Road East.
- There are two steps up to a small concrete terraced area (roughly 3m x 1.5m) where you will find a table and two chairs where you can sit and watch people make their way to the beach or into the town over the private car park. Various art galleries surround The Lobsters Residence as well as Bumbles Tearoom located behind the property.
- There is an outside tap on the terrace with a small hose pipe attachment, perfect for you to wash the sand off your feet before you enter the property.
- Access from The Lobsters Residence to beaches and the town is level, with a few cobbled roads and streets surrounding the property.
First Floor (Lounge):
- From the front terrace, there are two steps up into the open plan lounge/diner/kitchen.
- The flooring throughout the first floor is white wooden floorboards.
- The front door opens immediately into the lounge where you will find a 3-seater brown leather studded sofa and two wicker armchairs. There is plenty of seating for 5 guests.
- Opposite the sofa is a Samsung Smart TV mounted onto the banister.
- Adjacent to the sofa is a bay window with venetian blinds for your privacy.
- There is a faux fireplace filled with battery operated lights and the rest of the upstairs is lit with ceiling spotlights. There are 3 wall mounted lights that can all be operated separately using the different light switches.
- Behind the front door is a bench and coat hooks. The WIFI box is located underneath the bench and the details for this can be found in the Welcome Manual.
- A small cast iron radiator heats this section of the property and there is a NEST thermostat on the wall for you adjust the heating to maximise your comfort.
Kitchen & Diner
- Straight through the lounge takes you into the kitchen/diner.
- A large wooden dining table with 4 grey dining chairs and two stalls allows for plenty of seating and space for you to enjoy food and drink.
- To the right of the dining table are two further bay windows with cushions, again both covered with adjustable venetian blinds.
- In between the two windows is a larger cast iron radiator to heat this section of the property.
- To the left of the dining table is a sideboard containing kitchen dishes and other necessary equipment.
- There is a large stand-alone lamp in between the diner and lounge and a large plant. Please do not water the plant.
- The kitchen is straight ahead of the dining table and has a wooden countertop at the height of 95cm.
- There is a Stoves electric hob and cooker, a half-sized dishwasher, a microwave and a small undercounter fridge 2/3 fridge, 1/3 freezer.
- There is a full-sized kitchen bin at the end of the counter and a small wall mounted fire extinguisher lives next to it.
- There are two shelves above the countertop for storage of further kitchen equipment and a neon wall mounted light above the shelves for ambience.
- There are two skylights above the dining table and ceiling spotlights throughout.
- The ground floor is accessed down a slim staircase from the lounge section of the first floor.
- 9 wooden steps down from the lounge to the first floor brings you to the landing where you will have access to the bedrooms and the family sized bathroom. The flooring is laminate wood throughout.
- There is a banister for you to hold as you are going down the stairs and to the left is a small, obscured glass window.
- There are small lobster reference ornaments and soft furnishings throughout the property.
- Immediately at the bottom of the staircase is the spacious master king bedroom with a wooden slate feature wall on the far side, two wall mounted side lights and two bedside tables. The theme of this bedroom is very modern retro with neon lighting, a pastel color palette and vintage furnishings to give you a truly unforgettable experience in St Ives. On the other side of the room closest to the entrance door is hanging rail and a chest of drawers for storage. A wall mounted SHARP smart TV next to the chest of drawers hangs over a grey, velvet armchair. The boiler lives in the cupboard next to the TV along with the hoover, mop and other necessary equipment.
- Down the hallway underneath the stairs to your left is a cupboard which houses the washer dryer.
- To your right is the lovely and bright triple bunk room decorated with whites and yellows for a refreshing and clean space. The bed is up against the right side of the bedroom, with a chest of drawers placed centrally. A small step up to the left of the chest of drawers takes you to a small bench, above the bench is a small escape hatch should you need to escape in the unlikely event of an emergency. The fuse box is also located here.
- The family sized bathroom is located at the end of the downstairs hallway just next to the twin room. There is a large shower enclosure with an adjustable arm and shower head, there is a floating WC and a basin unit with a cupboard underneath. A heated towel rail and underfloor heating will make you as comfortable as possible after coming back from a long day at the beach or in the sea.
- Check-out is strictly by 9am.
- On departure, one set of keys to be left in the property and the other set of keys are to be left in the key safe.
- Please leave the cottage clean and tidy; any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
9 Ros Lyn
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.