Rock House is a beautifully renovated property offering the most sumptuous accommodation for up to 10 guests. Full to the brim with quirky interiors, including reclaimed wall lights from the HMS Ark Royal, once you arrive, you won’t want to leave!
The four beautifully appointed bedrooms can be set up as twin or king/super king configuration to suit your requirements as well as offering two additional beds for children in the second floor master bedroom creating a family suite. Downstairs features a large wet room, perfect for showering off after a day on the beach and for de – sanding your four legged friend!
With glorious sea views, a wonderful sunny terrace and parking for two cars with the unique benefit of an electric car charging point for Tesla Cars, Rock House will be the ultimate family holiday retreat in the heart of St Ives.
- Weekly prices start from £895.
- 4 zip and link bedrooms, two being en-suite and a further family bathroom and wet room.
- Second Floor bedroom offers sleeping space for two or four (two of the beds suitable for maximum age of 15).
- Fantastic views from the open plan living space and master bedrooms.
- Terrace to the front of the house with table and chairs enjoying a fabulous view across St Ives and the Atlantic.
- Parking space, garage and electric car and Tesla charging point.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Complimentary Super Strength Wi-Fi internet access with access points on each floor to give ultimate connection to multiple devices.
- Wood burning stove.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Pet friendly.
Weekly rates £895
No short breaks available.
On the map!
Rock House, 11 Carrack Dhu, St Ives, TR26 1DS
Rock House, 11 Carrack Dhu, St Ives, TR26 1DS
We have had a lovely week staying in Rock House!
The property was excellent and once again we loved visiting beautiful St Ives. We were very impressed with the Cherished staff who answered any queries promptly and in a friendly manner. Thank you!
Amazing House, enjoyed by two families!
Well equipped kitchen, great decor, can’t fault it!! Highly Recommended.
Fabulous, Spacious, Clean & Well Equipped
Comfortable house with beautiful views across St Ives. Would highly recommend!
We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here!
Thank you to the housekeeper for making the house clean & very welcoming – we look forward to returning!
A Top-Notch refurbishment!
Carrack Dhu is a very well furnished property – with lovely views from the front of the house.
Amazing stay in a beautiful house!
A fab week spent in a beautiful house set in the perfect location. The house is well equipped, comfortable and has amazing views. If only we could stay…….!!
Absolutely stunning property!
We have THOROUGHLY enjoyed ourselves!
So well decorated & the beds are amazing!
We have been coming to St Ives for years and this was by far the most comfortable & well equipped property we have stayed at!
We absolutely love Rock House!
A beautiful place to spend your time in St Ives. The view over the bay is just great & we felt so at home! And just a few minutes walk from the beaches, pubs & shops!
Fantastic House – in a fantastic area!
Beautifully furnished and well equipped. Communication with Cherished was excellent – staff delightful & very helpful.
Absolutely Beautiful House!
Very homely, clean and comfortable. Everything you need and everything thought of! We didn’t want to leave. Really pleased & we hope to stay here again!
A wonderful family home done to an extremely high standard!
We all loved it here. It is very comfortable and spacious.
We had an amazing break here at The Rock House!
Could not fault a thing and would love to come back!
We have had a super week at the Rock House!
Well equipped & beautifully presented, home from home! Thank you Cherished Cottages! 🙂
Rock House, 11 Carrack Dhu, is a beautiful house on a quiet road with views over St Ives bay. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users. If you do require a wheelchair friendly property, please contact the Cherished where we can best advise you.
Rock House is located just above the town and access to the shops, restaurants and beaches is a short walk downhill.
The kitchen, living/dining room are located on the ground floor along with a wet room and small toilet room. On the 1st floor, there are two king size bedrooms (both can be split into two singles) & one super king size en-suite bedroom with shower (can be split into two singles) and a family bathroom (with both shower enclosure and bath).
On the second floor there is a super king size bed (which can be split into two singles) along with an additional two roll out beds (suitable for up to 15 year old’s) with en-suite WC and shower room. There is a tiered garden to the front of the property and a garage and parking space to the rear.
- Should you require a food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1DS. Please note: for a delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 5pm when you are there to receive it.
- Rock House is located on a quiet road but there is a narrow access road to the front and rear of the property.
- The property has parking for one car and a garage on Bellair Terrace. We would advise unloading on Carrack Dhu before parking. Should you require more parking, the nearest public car park is approximately 100 metres away.
- The nearest beach is Porthmeor (approx. 150 metres away) accessed down a steep hill with about 50 steps, and the Harbour (180 metres away) by a pathway which includes about 25 steps.
- Porthgwidden, Bamaluz and Porthminster beaches are a 10 minute walk away.
- The main center of St Ives is located 80 metres away down Ayr Lane (no steps).
- The nearest shop is located 80 metres away.
- The property is situated approximately midway between the Tate and Barbara Hepworth Museum.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating throughout (underfloor in the wet room), guests are able to control the timing of this.
- All duvets and pillows are anti-allergic. Quality linen and towels are provided.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
- The house is strictly non-smoking and pets are accepted (to be kept on the ground floor only).
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in the key safe, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- A garage and parking space are included with the property. The garage has a height restriction of 8’ and width of 7’9”. The length of the garage is 6’8”. The parking space directly in front of the garage is 7’9” wide by 13’ in length.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 5pm onwards.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers, however, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives or M&S on the A30 at the Hayle roundabout about 6 miles away.
- There are two external entrances into the house, the front door is located on Carrack Dhu and the back door, the parking space and the garage are located on Bellair Terrace, the road directly behind the property.
- There are original wooden floorboards throughout the ground floor living/dining room and hallway.
- The ground floor wet room room and WC are tiled.
- If you are coming through the front entrance then there re 4 steps up from the gate to the tiered garden where you will find an outside table with seating for 6 guests. This space is tiled. A further 3 steps take you up and through the front door into the inner porch area.
- The entrance porch has an original Victorian tiled floor. A glazed door leads through into the entrance hall which has a wooden floor, a decorative archway with a pendant light and LED spot lights. There are plenty of hooks to hang coats and located under the stairs is a WC with a sink. The floor is tiled and the room is lit by a wall light.
- Directly ahead is a glazed feature door which leads into the kitchen. The kitchen has an original wooden floor, is lit by spotlights and heated by a radiator. The units are wooden and to the left are full height and to the right are low level with shelving above. There is a small window above the sink in the kitchen and a large sky light that can be opened for ventilation.
- The kitchen has an electric range master oven with gas hob, the units house a full size dishwasher separate washer and dryer, full size fridge with 2 salad drawers, small three drawer freezer, microwave, and an inbuilt bin with recycling section.
- There is plenty of crockery, cutlery and glassware for guests for all occasions.
- We will provide you with tea towels, an oven glove, enough bin liners, dishwasher and clothes washing tablets to get you started.
- The sink, hob and worktop height is 94cm. The kitchen is adequately lit by a mixture of hanging lights and spot lights. There is a larder cupboard for food storage and a housekeeping cupboard which houses a vacuum, ironing board and iron.
- Off the kitchen there is a wet room with a rain shower. Both the walls and floor are tiled. There is a rail with shower curtain with hangers for wet suits. There is a window to the back of this room and two cupboards, one containing the fuse board, WIFI router and cordless Dyson vacuum. The other contains the boiler and water cylinder.
- Through the wet room is the back stable door which leads to a small area which houses an outdoor tap and hose and two storage areas, one containing wood for the log burner and the other the bin and recycling containers. There are three steep steps from here up to the back gate and through to the road level.
- Right off the entrance hall is the lounge. This room is lit by wall lights. The floor is original wooden floor boards and there is a rug underneath the coffee table. There is an armchair located in the bay sash windows, a large three seater sofa and a further leather armchair. There are two additional side tables, a wall mounted flat screen Smart TV and a log burner (please use the logs provided as other wood may damage the burner).
- There is a table suitable for 10+ guests in the dining area which is lit by pendant lights, there is both bench and chairs at the table and a bookcase with a range of literature.
- There are sea views through the bay window. The lounge has wooden shutters at the window.
Between the lounge and dining area there is a door leading to a hallway to the front door and upstairs (a fitted stair gate is located at the bottom of the steps, please keep shut at all times should you be bringing a dog to keep it to the ground floor). Under the stairs there is a WC with sink and mirror.
- From the hallway there are 11 wooden stairs with a handrail to the right up to the 1st floor landing. The landing is lit by spot lights and the floor is wooden.
- Straight ahead and first on the right is the family bathroom which includes a full size shower bath and a separate tiled shower enclosure with both a hand held mixer shower and a rain shower head. The floor is tiled and there is a free standing toilet and wash hand basin with shaving socket to the left and a heated towel rail. There’s a mirror above the bath and a shaving mirror above the sink and natural lighting comes in through the small window adjacent to the sink (covered by a roman blind) and the Velux above the small window.
- Beyond the bathroom is a king size bedroom which is lit by wall lights, ceiling spot lights, a sash window to the right with a roman blind and a Velux window above. The room has original wooden flooring and exposed beams. There is a rug to the floor, a zip and link king size bed with velvet headboard allowing you to have two singles or a king size set up. To the right of the bed is a bedside table with table lamp and a mirror over and there is a low level radiator beneath the window. There are sockets either side of the bed and a wall mounted smart TV on the facing wall. There is a chest of drawers and additional hooks and hangers.
- From the top of the stairs there is a half landing with 5 steps up to the next landing of bedrooms. To the left is the second king size bedroom. This room is artificially lit by a single pendant light and two wall lights either side of the bed. There is a sash window adjacent to the door with a roman blind and underneath the window sits a low level radiator. The bed is a king size zip & link which can be either a king size or two singles. The bedroom has a large wall mounted linen headboard, frmaing the bed and the bedside tables central in the room. The flooring is wooden and there is a large rug framing the beds. The bedroom has a chest of drawers, a velvet arm chair with side table and a brass luggage rack with hooks and hangers below. Above the armchair is a wall mounted smart TV.
- Beyond this bedroom is the superking master en-suite room affording beautiful sea views. The floor is wooden with a large rug again this runs underneath the bed framing it in the bedroom. The room is filled with natural light, the large bay window opposite the entrance door allows huge amounts of natural light to pour in. the window has full length wooden shutters and a low level radiator beneath.
- There is a superking zip & link bed which can be set up either as a twin or a superking. To the back of the bed is a large, studded linen headboard, two bedside tables with a shelf and a drawer. There is a chest of drawers with a smart TV, an armchair in the window and a built in wardrobe. On the wall is a beach clock – never reads the correct time as time! There is a large, marble feature fireplace to the side of the bed. A glazed paneled door and panels lead through to the en-suite bathroom. There is a wall hung basin and toilet, sensor mirror above, heated towel rail, a tiled shower enclosure with handheld and rain shower with a small shelf. The floor is tiled and the room is lit by spot lights. There is a large frosted sash window with full length wooden shutters.
- The second floor bedroom is access is via 13 wooden stairs up to the attic room. The flooring is wooden with a large rug, the room is lit by spot lights, has exposed beams and a dormer window to the front with roman blinds and a low level radiator to the right. There is a velvet armchair, a floor lamp and a side table situated in the dormer window area.
- There is a superking size zip & link bed which can be set up as a superking or two singles. There are two additional roll out beds, which are suitable up to 15 year old’s but not adults.
- To the back of the bed is a large linen headboard, wall lights and bedside tables either side of the bed. There is built in hanging space and shelving in the eaves and a separate chest of drawers. There is a wall mounted smart TV and a banister above the stairwell. The en-suite bathroom can be accessed through a frosted glass door and the floor is tiled as is the shower enclosure that has a handheld shower and rain shower head. This room is lit by spot lights and has a window with roman blinds above the wall mounted sink with storage under. There is a wall mounted toilet with a mirror above and a heated towel rail to the left.
- Rock House has tiered outside space to the front of the property. Just outside the lounge bay window there are two wooden steamer chairs. On a level below there is a granite tiled area where there is a round rattan table with 10 chairs. There are boarders with palms and plants and wrought iron railings and gate which lead to the pavement.
- Through the wet room at the back of the house is the back stable door which leads to a small area which houses an outdoor tap and hose and two storage areas, one containing wood for the log burner and the other the bin and recycling containers. There are three steep steps from here up to the back gate and through to the road level.
- Check-out is strictly by 9am.
- On departure, one set of keys are to be left inside the property and the other set are to be returned to the key safe.
- You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy, as any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
9 Ros Lyn
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.