4 Island Road- St Ives Downalong Cottage
4 Island Road is a beautifully refurbished granite Downalong cottage nestled in the fisherman’s quarter of St Ives, just a stone’s throw from beaches, restaurants and shops. The cosy cottage blends original Cornish feature walls and stained-glass doors with snug soft furnishings, plus boasts outside space to sit and relax after a day on the beach or for those chilly winter evenings there is a real wood burning stove (fireguard provided). The perfect hideaway for your St Ives family retreat with two en-suite double bedrooms and a twin bedroom in the loft.
- Weekly prices from £640
- No short breaks available
- Three beautifully appointed bedrooms: two doubles with en-suites and a twin room in the loft
- Fully fitted kitchen with oven and hob, dishwasher, washer dryer and microwave
- Downstairs WC
- Cosy living room with wood burning stove and Smart TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- All bills included
- Quality bed linen and bath towels provided
- Welcome hamper with locally sourced Cornish goodies
- Outside area with seating
- No smoking
- Sorry, no pets
Weekly rates from £640
No short breaks available.
On the map!
4 Island Road, St Ives, TR26 1NT
4 Island Road, St Ives, TR26 1NT
We are all very impressed with 4 Island Road!
Cleanliness is good and the facilities are brilliant! The location is great too. We would definitely stay at this house again, loved the wood burner!
4 Island Road Access Statement
4 Island Road has been beautifully renovated to a bright, cosy space for the perfect seaside retreat. 4 Island Road is located on a level road with moderately level access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
We aim to meet the needs of all our guests; however, 4 Island Road is a traditional Downalong cottage and is set over three floors so this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users. If you do require a wheelchair friendly property, please contact the Cherished where we can best advise you.
The kitchen/dining room and lounge are located on the ground floor, there are two double bedrooms on the first floor both with small en-suites and a twin room on the top floor with restricted head height.
There are blinds on the windows, radiators throughout the property which is controlled by a central heating Honeywell thermostat in the lounge. The floors in the lounge, kitchen and bathrooms are tiled, the stairs are carpeted and there are wooden floorboards throughout the bedrooms. There is a wood burning stove with fire guard in the lounge.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1NT. Please note: for a delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 5pm when you are there to receive it.
- 4 Island Road is located on a slightly narrow road with easy access by car.
- The nearest beaches are Porthgwidden and Bamaluz which are both located approx. 200-300 metres away. Porthmeor and The Harbour are located between 300-400 metres away.
- The main center of St Ives is located 450 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 250 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- The cottage has gas central heating, guests can control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are manmade fibre with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- The cottage does not allow pets.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and Parking
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 5pm onwards.
- You can unload outside of the cottage before parking.
- The cottage does not have parking. However, The Island Car Park is a public car park located 50 metres away at the end of the street. Directions to the car park will be emailed to you before your arrival.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, coffee milk and fresh flowers, however, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- There are two external entrances into the cottage, one located in Island Road to the front and another entrance from a private footpath running behind the cottage.
- The front door entrance has one step up from the door and one step down leading directly into the lounge. The back-door entrance has two steps and leads directly into the kitchen/dining room.
- From the lounge there is one small step down into the kitchen.
- There is an under stairs cupboard in the lounge housing the vacuum cleaner etc.
- The lounge has an L shaped sofa and chair. There is a wood burning stove with complimentary wood logs. There is a fire guard, a companion set and a log basket.
- Also in the lounge is a smart wall mounted TV, WIFI box and the Honeywell wall thermostat to control central heating.
- The flooring in lounge and kitchen are tiled.
- The kitchen has a Rangemaster range cooker with a fan oven, a main oven, grill and 5 x hobs, a half size dishwasher, an under counter fridge with a freezer drawer, a microwave, a washer/dryer machine, and Magimix coffee machine(please provide your own coffee pods).
- There is plenty of crockery, cutlery and glassware for 6 guests and we will provide you with tea towels, oven gloves, enough bin liners, dishwasher and clothes washing tablets to get you started.
- The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm.
- The kitchen dining room is very well lit with natural lighting, there is also spot lights and a central ceiling light.
- There is a small Saniflo toilet with sink and mirror off the kitchen.
- There is a dining room table suitable for six/eight guests.
- There are blinds to the windows and door.
- There are 11 carpeted stairs up to the 1st floor.
- Once on the first floor landing there is access to two en-suite bedrooms and the flooring in the bedrooms is wooden boards and in the en-suites it is tiled.
- The first double bedroom has a chest of drawers, hanging rail, bedside shelves, is lit by an overhead light with two table lamps. The en-suite has a sink, toilet, shower.
- The second double bedroom has a small built in hanging space, chest of drawers with drawers and hanging space, two bedside tables. There is an en-suite, a bath with overhead shower, toilet and sink.
- There are3 steps to small landing before 10 steps to top floor with twin beds and restricted head height.
- The twin room has 2 X single beds, bedside tables, chest of drawers + hanging rail. This bedroom has restricted height as it is in the ‘loft’.
- There is a small area outside the rear of the cottage with a bench. This footpath that runs across the back of the terrace of cottages is private and there is a sign on the gates at either end of the path to show this.
- Check-out is strictly by 9am.
- On departure, one set of keys are to be left inside the property and the other set are to be returned to the key safe.
- You are asked to leave the cottage clean and tidy, any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
9 Ros Lyn
Hours of operation: 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.