Beautifully finished and perfectly positioned at the bottom of Skidden Hill is The Bookend. This newly refurbished Grade II listed fishermans cottage has been updated by the Owners with families in mind. The Bookend provides a wonderfully relaxing holiday leaving you feeling energised and refreshed.
The Bookend is an intimate cottage that has been designed to feel light and airy in the open plan downstairs and providing comfortably sized bedrooms for you to get a good night’s rest before a long day of beaching. The Bookend décor has a bright contemporary feel to it with splashes of seaside blue and pastel pink throughout the property. The Bookend is located moments away from the famous Lambeth Walk, Porthminster Beach and Harbour Front. Set over three floors this cosy cottage sleeps 5 in two first floor bedrooms and has a games room in the attic snug. It is pet friendly and has a small seating area to the side of the cottage for you to enjoy the sounds of the seaside town. There is also space to hang wetsuits, store body boards and buggies in a gated alleyway to the rear of the property
- Weekly prices start from £575
- Short breaks available
- Located moments from Lambeth Walk and Porthminster Beach
- Well equipped kitchen
- Modern family bathroom
- Freeview TV in lounge & snug
- Snug room
- Open plan living room and diner
- Sorry, no smoking!
On the map!
4 Skidden St Ives Hill TR26 2DU
4 Skidden St Ives Hill TR26 2DU
The Bookend is an intimate cottage that has been designed to feel light and airy in the open plan downstairs and providing comfortably sized bedrooms for you to get a good night’s rest before a long day of beaching. The Bookend décor has a bright contemporary feel to it with splashes of seaside blue and pastel pink throughout the property. The Bookend is located moments away from the famous Lambeth Walk, Porthminster Beach and Harbour Front. Set over three floors this cosy cottage sleeps 5 in two first floor bedrooms and has a games room in the attic snug. It is pet friendly and has a small seating area to the side of the cottage for you to enjoy the sounds of the seaside town.
While we aim to meet the needs of all our guests, The Bookend Cottage is not suitable for those with limited mobility or wheelchair users due to its tight access next to parked cars and steps up to the property. If you do require a wheelchair friendly property, please contact the Cherished where we can best advise you.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 2DU. Please note: For a delivery, please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- The Bookend Cottage is located halfway up Skidden Hill and can be accessed by a car. Please note: There is no parking allocated with this property.
- The nearest beaches are Porthminster and the Harbour Front. Porthmeor and Porthgwidden are roughly 300-400 metres away.
- The main center of St Ives is located 100 metres away.
- The nearest mini market is located 50 metres away on the high-street, there are numerous grocery stores and corner shops.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located less than 100 yards away back onto the high-street, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- The cottage has central heating, guests can control the timing of this.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
- 1 small/medium dog accepted.
- Keys are in the key safe at the cottage; full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- You can unload outside the front of the cottage; parking can be obtained in the council parks ranging from 200m-600m away.
- On arrival there will be a welcome hamper including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk, and fresh flowers, however, we recommend that you shop at one of the superstores on your way into St Ives either Lidl, M&S (Hayle) or Tesco (Carbis Bay).
- There are two entrances to The Bookend Cottage, one being straight off Skidden Hill, one step up and that takes you straight into the lounge/diner. The second entrance is around the back of the property, down 5 steps into the back alley, the door then opens up into the other side of the lounge closest to the kitchen.
- There is a small seating area outside of Bookend, this is visible from the kitchen windows.
- There is an outside tap which you are welcome to use.
- The wheelie bin is stored at the end of the alley way, Star Refuse will come and collect the rubbish out of the bin by hand so please make sure you follow the rubbish and recycling instructions in the welcome manual.
- Access into The Bookend Cottage is up a moderately steep hill (the worst of the steepness comes just after Bookend!).
- This proeprty is not wheelchair friendly as there are steps into the property and steps to reach each level.
- From the back alley entrance, there is one step into the proeprty. The door is a barn door so can be split open. This entrance brings you straight into the lounge and kitchen.
- There is one step up into the kitchen.
- The kitchen is well equipped with plenty of crockery, cutlery and glassware for 5 people.
- There is an freestanding fridge with a freezer box, a small dishwasher and a induction hob over a fan assisted oven, an under counter washer/dryer, as well as a microwave, a filter coffee machine and an toaster and kettle so you should have everything you need.
- Back into the lounge (one step down from the kitchen) and there are two sofa’s, one three seater and one two seater sofa.
- There is a cushioned window seat for you two sit and watch the world go by and this window is on the same side as the entrance door straight off of Skidden Hill.
- There is a SONY Freeview TV with Google Chromecast to allow guests to stream movies from their device directly onto the TV in the lounge and the room is well lit by hanging ceiling lights and lamps.
- Behind the sofa is a breakfast bar type set up with seating for 5 people around this table. There are two chairs and three stalls.
- To the right of the breakfast bar is a side board, this contains the appliance manuals and the fuse board.
- A stairgate is provided which can be attached to fittings mounted at the bottom of the stairs in the lounge, on the bedroom door to the triple bunk room or at the top of the attic stairs. The fitting tool can be found in the wardrobe of the triple bunk room.
- 11 steps up to the first floor where you are immediately met by the triple bunk room straight ahead of you. There is a double bed on the bottom and single bed over the top. This room has a double, built in wardrobe and a bedside table with a lamp.
- To the left from the top from the top of the stairs is the master bedroom and access to the attic room.
- The master is a king sized bed with two bedside tables and a lamp on each. There is a set of drawers on the far side of the room with a large mirror on the top. To the right of the bedroom there is a built in wardrobe with plenty of hangers.
- The bathroom is to the right at the top of the stairs. This room features the original brick wall.
- There is a basin with drawers underneath, a toilet, a floor to ceiling towel rail and a large rainfall shower.
- 12 steps up to the snug room where you will find various toys, games and books as well as bean bags and small people chairs and stalls!
- There is a Nintendo Wii games console, controllers and a selection of games for you to enjoy during your stay.
- SONY Freeview TV
- This room is lit by spotlights.
- There are two small attic windows – these have sea views if you stand on your tip toes!
- Check-out is strictly by 9am.
- On departure, one set of keys to be left in the property and the other set of keys are to be left in the key safe.
- Please leave the cottage clean and tidy; any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
9 Ros Lyn
Hours of operation: 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Saturday.