A magnificent beautifully proportioned Victorian house situated on a fabulous, elevated position on Bellair Terrace affording stunning panoramic sea views over St Ives and across the bay to Godrevy lighthouse. Bellair House has been completely refurbished and decorated throughout with calm and contemporary interiors, with exceptionally comfortable accommodation for up to 8 guests with a lovely sub-tropical garden with two coveted parking spaces making this the ideal family holiday home.
- Weekly prices start from £2000.
- Four beautifully appointed sea view bedrooms including a luxurious, dual aspect master bedroom with super king size bed and en-suite shower room.
- Additional king size en-suite bedroom, twin bedroom and attic room with double bed
- Fantastic large family bathroom and a useful wet room on the ground floor with double shower – great for washing off after a day on the beach.
- Contemporary open plan kitchen/lounge with log burner, offering spectacular sea views.
- A second large lounge/dining room, fabulous for social occasions with log burner, offering dual aspect sea views.
- Large, outside terrace, comfortable seating for al fresco dining, sub tropical gardens with outdoor corner sofa for you to relax and take in the sea views.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, dishwasher and microwave.
- Separate laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Small private courtyard to the rear of the property.
- Two parking spaces a few minutes walk from the property.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Pet friendly.
Weekly rates from £2000
No short breaks available.
On the map!
1 Bellair Terrace, St Ives, TR26 1JR
1 Bellair Terrace, St Ives, TR26 1JR
Amazing property & customer service second to none – Brilliant! Thank you.
Views are amazing – we loved it! Will definitely be back again!
Beautiful house and location – would love to stay again!
A very well presented house!
This is a really beautiful property!
With the most amazing views across the beach, sea & St Ives. Everything was very clean and well presented with some thoughtful books and games for children. Really good welcome bag too- much appreciated.
Beautiful Property! And excellent to have a wet room when you have been surfing!
The bedroom sea views are spectacular!
The property is of a very high standard.
Beautiful house in St Ives!
With stunning views from every room! We have enjoyed many evenings on the fabulous terrace. Without a doubt, the best cottage we have stayed in, in both the UK and abroad.
Bellair House is a beautiful house on a pedestrianised terrace with views over St Ives bay. Bellair House is located just above the town and access to the shops, restaurants and beaches is a short walk downhill.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the location of Bellair House, access for guests with limited mobility can be difficult as parking is a 5 minute walk away and the access to the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users. If you do require a wheelchair friendly property, please contact the Cherished where we can best advise you.
On the ground floor we have the open plan kitchen/living area alongside the open plan living/dining room, as well as a a large wet room with two showers, a laundry room and a WC. On the first floor there is a super king en-suite bedroom, king en-suite bedroom, a twin/king zip & link bedroom along with a family bathroom and a separate shower enclosure. Lastly, the 2nd floor of the property boasts a very spacious king bedroom. WIFI is provided free of charge.
- Should you require a food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1JR. Please note: for a delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 5pm when you are there to receive it.
- Bellair House is located on a pedestrianised terrace, there is no passing traffic to either side of the property. The parking spaces are approximately 200m away from the property and the nearest public car park is roughly 200 metres away.
- The nearest beach is the Harbour (250 metres away) and is accessed down a steep hill. Porthmeor (250 metres away) is accessed by a pathway behind Bellair House which includes about 25 steps. Both Porthgwidden and Bamaluz beaches are a 10 minute walk away and Porthminster beach is a 15 minute walk.
- The main center of St Ives is located 100 metres away down a flight of approximately 50 steps.
- The nearest essential items (Co-Op/Osbourne’s) shop is located 50 metres away and the nearest supermarket (Tesco) is 1 mile away.
- The property is situated approximately 100m away from the Barbara Hepworth Museum and approximately 200m from the Tate Gallery.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away and there are plenty of taxis available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating as well as underfloor heating on the ground floor tiled areas so you should be lovely and warm during your stay. All of the radiators throughout the property are controlled with thermostats on the walls and can be changed to maximise comfort.
- All of the beds have mattress and pillow protectors which are frequently washed, all of the duvets and pillows are anti-allergic and we provide high quality linen and towels for you.
- There are smoke and heat detectors throughout the house, there is a fire procedure in place which can be found in the Welcome Manual so please familiarise yourself with this upon arrival.
- The house is strictly non-smoking.
- Pets friendly.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 5pm onwards.
- On arrival there will be a welcome hamper including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers to get you started, however, we would suggest stopping at one of the superstores on your way into St Ives either at Tesco (Carbis Bay), Lidl or M&S (Hayle roundabout) so that once you arrive you can get immediately settled and begin to enjoy your holiday!
- Keys are located in the key safe and full details are provided prior to your arrival.
- There are 2 car parking spaces allocated to Bellair House and are located approximately a 5 minute walk from the property up a pedestrianised path.
- There is one external entrance into the house through two large gates at the end of Bellair Terrace. The gates will lead you into a cobbled courtyard where there are then 4 steps down to the back entrance.
- The front door is located on Bellair Terrace which is a pedestrian walkway with no motor traffic.
- The ground floor living/dining room is wooden flooring throughout and the ground floor laundry room, WC, hallway and kitchen are tiled. The large wet room is non slip vinyl.
- The kitchen is fully equipped and should satisfy all your baking/cooking needs. There is an induction hob with an electric oven, a full sized dishwasher, a large integrated fridge/freezer as well as plenty of crockery, cutlery and different glassware for every occasion! We provide tea towels, oven gloves, bin liners, dishwasher and clothes washing tablets, hand wash and washing up liquid to get you started.
- The kitchen sink, hob, breakfast bar and worktop height is 94cm.
- The breakfast bar has seating for 4 people.
- The kitchen is adequately lit by a mixture of hanging lights and spot lights.
- There is a small cupboard by the front door in the kitchen which houses the WIFI, the Sonos system, the fuse box, coat hooks and a box of various beach equipment.
- The living area has a small L shaped sofa, a flat screen LCD TV, a Blu-ray DVD player located in the sideboard, one small coffee table and a large bay window where there are views through to the garden. There is a wood burning stove and a bookshelf containing a selection of reading material, DVDs and ornaments.
- There is a hallway off of the open plan kitchen/living room leading to the front door, a stairwell up to the 1st floor and into the second open plan living/dining room.
- In the open plan lounge/diner there is a two seater sofa as well as 4 armchairs to ensure enough seating. Adjacent to the sofa there’s a large bay window with views out to the garden and out to sea. There are also a further two sash windows all with roman blinds down the east facing wall of the room.
- There are a variety of ceiling lights and table/floor lamps that are all operated from the main light switches to ensure a suitable ambiance for you whatever the occasion.
- The flooring is wooden with a large white textured rug and there are a range of coffee and side tables.
- In between the living and dining area there is a wood burning stove, we will provide you with kindling and logs to get you started throughout the winter months. You will be expected to source your own logs thereafter.
- The dining table is a large extending wooden table of an oval shape with 8 chairs around it, there is a sideboard in the dining area containing placemats, coasters and a variety of board games for you to help yourself to.
- Through the dining room there is a hallway where you will find the WC (original feature granite wall!), the wet room and the laundry room. The laundry room has a sink, washing machine and tumble dryer plus plenty of cupboard space. The boiler is also housed here.
- Just before the laundry room, opposite the wet room entrance door is another door which leads down one step into the cobbled courtyard where you will have originally entered from.
- From the hallway there are 16 carpeted stairs up a sweeping staircase to the 1st floor landing with a wooden bannister to the left. A large pendant light hangs down the staircase.
- At the top of the stairs to the left is the tremendously well lit master super king en-suite bedroom. This bedroom has a large bay window at the rear of the room with two armchairs positioned perfectly so you can watch the world pass by outside, the east facing wall of the bedroom has a further two large sash windows with views of the Harbour front and beyond. All these windows have easy to use roman blinds. The built in wardrobe and large chest of drawers should provide you with enough space to unpack your belongings, and the range of lighting and seating facilities should mean you will be very comfortable in here with views from almost every angle! The en-suite shower room includes a large shower enclosure, WC, vanity unit basin and heated towel rail.
- The next bedroom along is the twin bedroom. With a freestanding wardrobe and two wooden bedside tables again, there is plenty of room to unpack and settle in. The floor is carpeted and the room is heated by a radiator. There are shutters at the window and views over towards Gwithian.
- The next bedroom along is a king en-suite bedroom and again is fabulously bright with a large bay window and of course roman blinds in case you want to shut that light out. There is a table and 2 chairs positioned in the bay window for you to sit and enjoy the views over Hayle, St Ives over to Godrevy lighthouse. There is a freestanding clothes rail and a chest of drawers for storage, as well as two bedside tables either side of the bed. The room is carpet and heated by a radiator on the wall the same side as the door into the room. The en-suite shower room has a small shower enclosure, a WC, a small sink unit and a heated towel rail.
- The family bathroom has a shower bath with mixer taps and an adjustable shower head. There is a vanity basin with an illuminated mirror as well as a full waterfall shower enclosure and finally a heated towel rail and a radiator.
- There is a cupboard on this landing which houses the water tank.
- Access is via 15 carpeted stairs with a handrail to the left. Arriving at a small landing with table and lamp, there is a door through into the attic room.
- This spacious attic room has 4 dormer style windows two with magnificent Harbour and sea views.
- At the farthest end of the room is a low level double bed with built in bedside units to rest your things on, there is also a range of chests and drawers for you to unpack into. There is additional storage in the eaves next to the bed as well as a free standing clothes rail.
- Behind the bed is a low level Velux window with controls on the wall.
- The room is carpeted and heated by radiators.
- Alternatively this room can be turned into a cinema room using the 2 click clack sofa’s and 3 bean bags facing them towards the TV unit which holds a flat screen TV and a Blu-ray DVD player.
- To the front of the property through the front door there are 4 steps down to a gated garden. The garden is mainly decked, with a seating area, an outdoor corner sofa and a table with 6 chairs ideal for dining al fresco.
- 2 steps down from the decking there are a further 12 granite steps which will lead you down to the lower garden which is planted out. There is also a gate that leads to the front access path of the property.
- Check-out is strictly by 9am.
- On departure, one set of keys are to be left inside the property and the other set are to be returned to the key safe.
- You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy as any unreasonable, additional cleaning required or damages caused may be charged for.
9 Ros Lyn
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.