4 Barnoon Terrace
A beautiful period property situated on this very sought after pedestrianised terrace, 4 Barnoon Terrace offers spectacular views of St Ives harbour and beyond with the additional benefit of outside space, including a decked area for al fresco dining and a further sub tropical garden below. Sleeping 6 and within a 5 minute walk to Porthmeor Beach, Fore Street and the newly refurbished Tate Gallery, 4 Barnoon Terrace is the perfect base to explore St Ives with friends or family.
The first floor offers a Super king master bedroom boasting fabulous views, a twin bedroom and bunk bedroom along with the family bathroom. There is a further shower room off the kitchen diner.
Allocated parking space included within a one minute walk of the property.
- Weekly prices start from £650.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Outside decked terrace and lower sub-tropical garden.
- Useful courtyard with outside shower, ideal area to hang wetsuits and store surfboards.
- Three beautifully appointed bedrooms, the master offering harbour views.
- Fully fitted kitchen/dining room with range cooker, dishwasher and Microwave.
- Separate laundry area with washer/dryer and shower room.
- Open-plan lounge and study area with large flat-screen TV, with beautiful views across St Ives Bay.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Parking for one car.
- Central heating.
- Contemporary family bathroom and additional shower room.
- Welcome hamper of Cornish goodies.
- Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
- One small dog accepted.
- No smoking.
Wonderful cottage in perfect location with beautiful decor & everything needed for a fabulous holiday in the pretty resort of St Ives.
We’ll definitely use Cherished again.
Beautiful house and very well equipped – just as we have come to expect from a Cherished property!
Short breaks available all year round (excl. Christmas and New Year):
Friday - Monday from £455
Monday - Friday from £455
On the map!
4 Barnoon is a beautiful house on a pedestrianised terrace overlooking the harbour with panoramic views over St Ives bay. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
4 Barnoon is located just above the town and access to the shops, restaurants and beaches is a short walk down hill.
The kitchen/diner, laundry, shower room and living room are located on the ground floor. There is super king size bedroom, one twin bedroom, and one bunk bedroom along with a family bathroom on the first floor. There is a good size sub-tropical garden to the front and a narrow courtyard area with shower at the rear. There is parking for one car.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1JE. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- 4 Barnoon Terrace is located on a pedestrianised terrace at the front of the property so there is no passing traffic. There is a narrow access road to the rear of the property. The nearest public car park is approximately 90 metres away.
- The nearest beach is Harbour (120 metres away) accessed down a steep hill with about 50 steps, and Porthmeor (180 metres away) by a pathway which includes about 25 steps. Porthgwidden, and Bamaluz beaches are a 10 minute walk and Porthminster beach a 15 minute walk away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 80 metres away down a flight of approximately 50 steps.
- The nearest shop is located 80 metres away.
- The property is situated approximately midway between the Tate and Barbara Hepworth Museum.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- All duvets and pillows are anti-allergic and are not duck down or feather. Quality linen and towels are provided.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking and no pets are accepted.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- There is one parking space located 40 metres away at the end of Barnoon Terrace. The size of the parking space is approximately 5 metres long by 2.5 metres wide.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives or M&S on the A30 at the Hayle roundabout about 6 miles away.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There are two external entrances into the house.
- The front door is located on Barnoon Terrace. This is a pedestrian walkway with no motor traffic. There are 12 steps in two sections up to reach the front door.
- The back door is located on Barnoon Hill though a gate with 4 steps down to the back door.
- There are original wooden floorboards throughout the ground and first floors. The bathroom, shower room and kitchen are tiled.
- There is one small step up from the hall to the kitchen and a further step up to the dining area. The ceiling height is reduced from the hallway going through to the kitchen.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with 8 rings with electric oven under, full-size dishwasher, large upright fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine with built in dryer, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 6 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen/diner is adequately lit by spot lights. The hallway and lounge are lit by pendant style lights.
- There is a table suitable for 6 guests in the kitchen diner area with three chairs and built in bench seating.
- Beyond the dining area, there is a small laundry area which houses the washer dryer and to the right of this area is a shower room with a shower enclosure with an electric shower, sink with storage below and toilet.
- The lounge has a three seater and four seater sofa, a flat screen LCD TV, DVD with a small library of CDs, and DVDs . There are spectacular sea and harbour views through the front window and a marble fireplace with gas fire.
- At the rear of the living room there is a further area including a desk, sideboard and built in bookshelf.
- In the living room there are blinds to the front and rear windows. The kitchen has blinds.
- Through the front door is a shared porch with a Victorian tiled floor leading to the stained glass front door.
- Through the front door you enter the hallway which includes a period feature archway, dado rail, mirror and under stair storage.
- From the hallway there are 9 carpeted stairs up to the small landing area.
- Two steps up to the left lead to the bunk room with sash window, feature fireplace and a tall boy chest of drawers.
- From the small landing area and four further steps up to the right leads to the twin bedroom with sash window, built in cupboard with space to hang clothes and a shelf two single (3') beds and two bedside tables.
- One further step leads to the master bedroom with super king bed, one bedside table, bedside lights, tallboy chest of drawers, coat hooks on the back of door, upholstered chair which looks out to the most fabulous sea views.
- The bathroom includes a full size bath with shower over, wash hand basin, WC, shower with an integrated shaving plug and heated towel rail.
- A mirror and a hairdryer are provided in each bedroom.
- The landing includes a velux window and two pendant ceiling lights.
- Unusually with many properties in St Ives, 4 Barnoon Terrace has a lot of outside space.
- The gardens have a sub-tropical feel, stocked with interesting and unusual plants.
- The front garden is bisected by the pedestrian walkway. The part nearest the house has a decked terrace with an outside table and seating. There are stunning views from this terrace.
- The lower front garden is accessed by a small gate and includes a seating area, to catch the sun at different times of the day.
- There is a small enclosed courtyard area at the rear of the house. This is where the bin is stored and there is also an outside shower for washing down surfboards etc.
- The parking space is located approximately 50 metres from the house. The space measures 2.5 metres wide by 5 metres long.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be replaced into the keysafe provided at the front of the property.
- You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy, as any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.>