Tredennis Holiday House
Standing above Porthmeor surfing beach with panoramic views from Clodgy Point to The Island and out over the Atlantic ocean, Tredennis is a large detached house in a frontline position allowing fabulous sea views over Porthmeor and beyond. The house has six beautifully presented bedrooms, 5 bath/shower rooms with massive open-plan first floor sitting/dining and kitchen areas, with an additional lounge/snug from the kitchen area.
Just a few minutes walk from St Ives shops, restaurants and award-winning beaches.
There is also the added benefit of a lovely private south facing back garden with outside terraces for alfresco dining, and parking for three cars, including a garage. Ideal for those wetsuits and surfboards!
Short breaks available from November to March (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays)
Up to 3 Nights £650
Up to 4 Nights £775
Up to 5 Nights £900
Tredennis is a fantastic seaside house located on the Porthmeor side of St Ives, Cornwall. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, but due to the nature of the property, access may be difficult for guests with limited mobility and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Tredennis is located off Porthmeor Hill and the front of the property is accessed from Beach Road with a driveway to the front of the house. The ground floor includes the entrance lobby, reception hall, four ground floor bedrooms with one ensuite bathroom, one family bathroom and one separate shower room. The first floor has a superb full width open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room with two sets of double glazed windows opening to Juliet balconies with astonishing sea, beach and coastal views. Off the kitchen is a second lounge/snug with ensuite and large balcony off. The second floor hosts the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and stunning views, and guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Outside enables off-road parking for 2 cars plus a garage, landscaped rear garden with a south facing terrace and upper area of lawned area.
- From the front of the house, the gradient is relatively gentle and level walk to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
- To enter the house, use the eight paved steps to one side which leads up to the double glazed front door.
- Take one step up into the long entrance lobby.
- The entrance lobby has 4 steps leading to a double size bedroom.
- From the entrance lobby a door opens to a double bedroom with double glazed window to the rear, wall mounted cupboard, one step down and door to the ensuite shower room comprising WC, wash basin with mixer tap, and mirror over, corner shower cubicle with overhead shower and separate shower attachment, inset downlights, extractor fan, tiled walls and tiled floor.
- From the entrance lobby, the front door opens into a reception hall.
- There is a separate shower room and family bathroom on this floor.
- The first bedroom is a beautiful king size room with a fabulous double bunk bed. The broad double glazed bay window has wonderful sea views . Two radiators, ceiling light point.
- Bedroom 2 is a large room with king size bed with broad double glazed bay window with stunning views. Radiator. Ceiling light point.
- Bedroom 3 – double glazed double doors opening onto rear paved terrace with 12 steps leading up to upper area of lawned garden. Ceiling light point, radiator.
- The ground floor bathroom comprises of a freestanding roll edged bath with mixer tap and separate hand held shower attachment, WC, wash basin with mixer tap, tiled shower cubicle with overhead shower. Lighting through inset downlights, extractor fan, heated towel rail and tiled floor. Double glazed window to rear.
- Shower room – comprising WC, hand basin with mirror over, tiled shower cubicle with overhead shower and separate shower attachment, tiled floor and walls, wall mounted heated towel rail, inset downlights, extractor fan.
- From the ground floor take 13 steps up to the first floor which leads up to a superb open-plan kitchen/sitting and dining room. Designed to take optimum advantage of the broad elevated views with two sets of double glazed double doors opening to Juliet style stainless steel and glass balconies. Built-in kitchen, with inset Baumatic four ring electric hob, oven and grill under and extractor fan with light over. Sink with mixer tap and retractable shower head attachment with integrated drainer to one side. Built-in dishwasher, space and plumbing for washing machine. Central island unit with cupboards and wine cooler. Inset downlights.
- Part double glazed door to 3 oak steps leads to oak decking with stainless steel and glass balustrading allowing both sea and garden views..A further 11 steps brings you down to the paved garden area, and then 12 steps up to the paved and grassed garden area .
- From the kitchen area a door leads to second lounge/snug with window and double glazed door opening onto paved terrace, again with stainless steel and glass balustrade and with access via 5 steps down to the rear lawned area of garden and a further 10 steps to bring you down to the side gate and front door. Radiator.
- ‘Jack and Jill’ bathroom. Bath with mixer tap, shower attachment and shower screen, sink with mixer tap. Limestone style tiled walls, mirror, two windows to side, lit by inset downlights, extractor fan, door to dining area off open-plan kitchen/breakfast room.
A staircase or 13 steps lead you up to the second floor.
- Master bedroom suite comprises a large dual aspect room with views to the sea and garden. Double glazed double doors open onto an enclosed balcony with stainless steel and glass balustrade enjoying amazing views over the beach and ocean. Double glazed window to rear. Radiator. Ensuite bathroom with freestanding roll edged bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, wash basin, WC, cupboard, tiled floor, wall mounted heated towel rail, pebble effect walling, two double glazed windows enjoying sensational views, lit by inset downlights, extractor fan and mirror.
- Guest bedroom – Double room with double glazed window to side and small double glazed window to rear, radiator. Door leading to ensuite bathroom comprising WC, wash basin with mixer tap, bath with mixer tap, shower attachment and shower screen. Double glazed window to side, limestone effect walling, heated towel rail, inset downlights, extractor fan
- Outside – Beside the main entrance a wrought iron gate in a brick archway leads to a paved pathway with 10 steps leading up to a level area of lawned garden enclosed by high level fencing on two sides. The whole garden has been landscaped to make the most of the area. A flight of 5 oak steps leads up to a paved terrace off the second lounge/snug which is enclosed by stainless steel land glass balustrading.
- Pathways run to the rear of the house and give access to a further south facing terrace to sit out on. This terrace has a flight of 11 oak steps leading up to the decked terrace off the kitchen/breakfast room.
- Parking – there is off-road parking to the front of the property and access to the garage with electronically operated up and over door. The garage provides parking for one small car only. Light and power connected.
- Unlike most properties in St Ives, Tredennis has a garden and this is laid out to the rear of the house. There is a small limestone paved area immediately outside the front door and steps up lead to a decked area.
- The rest of the garden is laid to lawn in rising sections, but there are also some established trees.
- 3 private parking spaces
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1JY. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- The nearest beach is at Porthmeor, which is located 25 metres away.
- The Harbour and the main centre of St Ives are located approximately 250 metres away.
- The award-winning Porthminster Beach is a gentle stroll of approximately 500metres.
- The nearest corner shop is located 200 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located a mile away and plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating and guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are non-allergenic with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.