The Bay House
Situated in a quiet and peaceful part of St Ives town, The Bay House is less than five minutes walk from the harbour, beaches, shops and restaurants. This beautiful period townhouse offers spacious accommodation with far reaching views of St Ives harbour and the Atlantic Ocean. The Bay House has the added benefit of a terraced area with seating for dining Al Fresco and a lower exotic garden for those wanting to relax in the shade. Offering spectacular sea views, this makes the perfect spot to relax and unwind after a busy day on the beach or out sightseeing.
- Weekly prices start from £625
- Three beautifully appointed bedrooms, 2 king sized bedrooms (one ensuite) and a superking or twin zip and link bedroom.
- Fantastic views from the outside terrace and upper bedrooms.
- Open plan lounge/dining room.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, dishwasher and microwave.
- Separate laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Central heating
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Sorry, no pets
£625 – £1875
On the map!
8 Bellair Terrace, St Ives, TR26 1JR
8 Bellair Terrace, St Ives, TR26 1JR
The Bay House is a beautiful house on a pedestrianised terrace with views over St Ives bay. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
The Bay House is located just above the town and access to the shops, restaurants and beaches is a short walk downhill.
The kitchen and lounge/diner are located on the ground floor. There is a king size ensuite bedroom with beautiful views out to sea & one twin/super king zip and link bedroom along with a snug area with sofa and flat screen TV family bathroom (with separate WC) on the first floor. The attic room on the 2nd floor houses a king sized bed and enjoys wonderful sea views. There is a decked terrace with cute lower garden to the front of the house and a small courtyard to the back of the house.
Wifi is provided free of charge.
- Should you require a food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1JR. Please note: for a delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- The Bay House is located on a pedestrianised terrace, at the back of the property there is no passing traffic. There is a narrow access road to the front of the property. The nearest public car park is approximately 150 metres away (Barnoon).
- The nearest beach is Harbour (200 metres away) accessed down a steep hill with about 50 steps, and Porthmeor (250 metres away) by a pathway which includes about 25 steps. Porthgwidden, and Bamaluz beaches are a 10 minute walk and Porthminster beach a 15 minute walk away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 80 metres away down a flight of approximately 50 steps.
- The nearest shop is located 50 metres away.
- The property is situated approximately 50m from the Barbara Hepworth Museum and 250m away from the Tate Gallery.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- All duvets and pillows are not anti-allergic as some are duck down or feather.
- Quality linen and towels are provided.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
- The house is strictly non-smoking and pets are not accepted.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives or M&S on the A30 at the Hayle roundabout about 6 miles away.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- Keys are located in the key safe at the back of the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- There are two external entrances into the house.
- The front door is located on Ayr Lane. This is a very narrow road that can be accessed via Carrack Dhu by car. There are 3 steps up from the gate leading to a very small 3m2 lawned and planted area. 5 steps up leads to a decked terrace area with a round wrought iron circular table and 6 chairs. A low wooden fence 32” high surrounds the garden and there is a gate to the top of the steps 26” high. The terrace enjoys views over to the harbour and across to Godrevy Lighthouse. 2 more steps lead up to the front door.
- The back door is located through a courtyard off the pedestrianised path of Bellair Terrace.
- There are wooden floorboards throughout the ground floor kitchen, hallway and living/dining room.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with electric oven under, full sized dishwasher, Smeg upright fridge/freezer, microwave, DAB radio and plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for guests, tea towels, oven glove, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started (the washer and dryer are located in the laundry room off the courtyard). The sink, hob and worktop height is 94cm. There is a window above the sink with a sill containing cook books and ornaments. The kitchen is adequately lit by spot lights. There is a handy storage cupboard next to the fridge in the kitchen which houses the vacuum and an exposed granite feature wall.
- Through the doorway into the lounge/diner, there is a table suitable for 6 guests. Next to the dining area there are French doors which lead out to the courtyard. There are curtains to the doors, a floor lamp and a bookcase that houses games and a variety of literature.
- The lounge has two seater sofas, a flat screen 42” TV, one small coffee table and two side tables with table lamps. French doors lead out to the garden with 2 steps down into the front garden. There are views through the French doors of the garden. The lounge has an ornamental (non working) fire place.
- The lounge has floor length curtains at the window.
- Through the dining area there is a hallway to the front door and upstairs.
- From the hallway there are 11 wooden stairs up to a landing area where there is a rug, 3 seater sofa, TV cabinet, 42” flat screen TV, small side table, mirror and window with roman blind. The floors are wooden throughout this floor except the bathroom which is tiled.
- Off this landing is a door to a WC with small hand basin with window and blind.
- Beyond the WC and up a small lip is the family bathroom with bath, corner shower enclosure, sink, free standing towel rail and additional heated towel rail. There is an obscured window above the bath with a blind.
- One step down off the landing area and four steps up onto another landing where there is a rug and two further bedrooms.
- The first bedroom that you approach on the left is the twin/Super king zip and Link bedroom. There are two bedside tables each with a rope lamp, a rug either side of the bed, a wardrobe with 2 drawers, a chest of drawers with mirror over and an additional peg rail. There is a large sash window with a roman blind. The room is heated by a radiator.
- Beyond this bedroom to the left is the king sized master ensuite bedroom. There is a large rug on the floor, two bedside tables with lamps, a tall chest of 5 drawers with mirror over. A rattan chair sits in the window and there is a built in wardrobe with hanging space and a shelf. There are two large sash windows; one of them being arch shaped looking out over the bay towards Gwithian. One window has curtains and the other has a roman blind.
- To the right of the chest of drawers is a door through to the ensuite shower room where there is a WC, hand basin, a shower enclosure with folding doors and a heated towel rail.
- Access is via 13 wooden stairs from the landing where there is a painted ornamental screen.
- Through the door there are two large velux windows with amazing views over towards Gwithian and another velux window to the left looking over the back of the house, all with black out blinds.
- There is a King sized bed with bedside tables and lamps and rugs either side of the bed, a free standing clothes rail and chest of 3 drawers.
- There is limited head room in this room due to the exposed beams.
- Unusually (for St Ives) The Bay House has outside space.
- To the front of the property via the hallway or French doors in the lounge area there are 2 steps down to a decked wooden seating area with a table and 6 chairs. A low wooden fence 32” high surrounds this area and there are views from here to St Ives pier and across to Godrevy lighthouse. A gate 26” high leads down 5 steps to a very small 3m2 grass and planted area. A further 3 steps down lead to another gate that leads out onto the path on Ayr Lane.
- There is a small courtyard to the back of the house which is accessed via the kitchen and French doors off the dining area. A step up and out of the back door leads to a small paved area with a bench and storage for the wheelie bins. There is an outdoor tap here, a retractable washing line, 3 hooks for wetsuits and the laundry room is located here. 3 steps up and through the back gate lead to the path on Bellair Terrace.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be replaced into the keysafe provided at the rear of the property.
- You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy, as any unreasonable additional cleaning required or damages caused may be charged for.
9 Ros Lyn
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.