16 St Nicholas Court
The most beautiful, spacious contemporary apartment refurbished to the highest of standards. Perfectly located between Porthminster and Porthgwidden beaches, 16 St Nicholas Court boasts a large, Mediterranean style courtyard enjoying views up to St Nicholas chapel. With its cool and calming interior and open plan living space, the apartment can accommodate up to 6 guests comfortably, and having the luxury of a secure private parking space and beachside location, Number 16 is the ideal apartment for the ultimate Cornish holiday!
- Weekly Prices from £775
- Short breaks available
- Stunning light, spacious and contemporary open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge with French doors opening out onto the large courtyard with lovely views over to the Island and St Nicholas chapel.
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer and microwave.
- Fully enclosed large Mediterranean courtyard with outdoor large family table for al-fresco dining!
- Beautifully appointed en-suite King size master bedroom, flat screen TV and French doors opening out to the courtyard again with views to the Island and chapel.
- Stylish Super king/Twin room (Zip and Link) bedroom with flat screen TV.
- Lovely Twin bedded room with flat screen TV.
- Luxurious family bathroom.
- Modern electric heating system.
- Large flat screen TV in lounge with complimentary SKY and HD TV, including the complete family bundle, SKY sports and SKY movies.
- Secure allocated parking space.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Easy beach access.
- Pets welcome.
- Welcome hamper of Cornish goodies.
- Non Smoking.
- St Nicholas Court is a beautifully maintained complex with the use of laundry room and ‘off the beach’ outside shower.
- First floor apartment with access either by stairs or alternatively there is a stair lift for disabled use (key available on request).
Thoroughly enjoyable time made really great by the wonderful accommodation 🙂
Welcome hamper was a lovely touch when we arrived and that set the scene for our whole stay. Easily one of the best apartments that we have stayed in over the last 20 years visiting St Ives! Loved the cuckoo clock – drove the dog wild!
Luxurious apartment, a stone’s throw from Porthmeor Beach.
Well equipped to a high standard with everything you need to make your stay in St Ives truly memorable.
Property was outstanding and brilliant location for accessing the beaches!
Really great accommodation, clearly newly refurbished – all round superb! A very enjoyable stay!
Beautiful apartment, superbly equipped, lovely to have a garden and car parking space in St Ives!
We have been holidaying in St Ives for many years, this was by far the best accommodation yet – Thank you.
Outstanding apartment in every way, location, facilities, cleanliness etc!
It was AMAZING!
Fantastic apartment in an excellent location. Apartment had everything you would need.
Service was excellent, no problems or worries, just as a break should be!
Very comfortable and relaxing.
Fab location and so pleased it was dog friendly!
Lovely to stay in such a stylish, warm and comfortable property – everything we needed was here and loved the showers!
From the onset, I would like to say how impressed we all were with the apartment; such a fantastically fresh, modern and friendly feel with the decor; the lighting was particularly atmospheric and thoughtful throughout the rooms and as a disabled person I found the apartment pleasantly spacious and comfortable.
Additionally, I thought the fragrant toiletries of shampoo/conditioner/shower gel/soap were a charming touch and a ‘Big Thank you’ for our ‘Cherished Hamper’ of ‘Cornish goodies’ it was a generous, welcome gesture; and just what we needed after our long drive 🙂
Overall our stay with ‘Cherished Cottages’ made our family holiday to Cornwall and St.Ives a significantly relaxed, lovely and very memorable experience (sadly a week was simply not enough!).
First time in this apartment but will not be the last!
Look forward to enjoying the outside space in warmer weather! Very warm and comfortable apartment in a good location with the added bonus of secure parking – what more could you ask for?
The apartment is superb, so well thought out and having the outside courtyard was a bonus.
Thank you very much for the most fantastic holiday in your gorgeous apartment over Easter, we had the most amazing time. A great location, right next to all of the shops, restaurants and beaches. We look forward to returning next year!
We just adored this apartment!
Beautiful decor – every home comfort thought of.
Perfectly situated property for the beach and town. Loved the hamper – such nice quality items. Would recommend and would love to return 🙂
Thank you to the team at Cherished for our lovely Mini-Honeymoon at the gorgeous 16 St Nicholas Court. What a stunning well equipped apartment. We have had a lovely time here, with our two little doggies! We all love St Ives, and couldn’t think of anywhere nicer to stay for our special holiday 🙂
Had a fantastic Christmas here in No. 16. The apartment had everything we required.
Fantastic location, close to all the lovely beaches and the town itself. We appreciated all the little things such as the hamper – we will be back for sure!
Could not ask for more from a holiday home – Loved the decor and appreciated the quality of this apartment.
It would certainly be hard to beat. Hope to be back soon and will recommend to all our friends ( just hope they don’t book the weeks we want ) 🙂
£775 - £2750
Short breaks available all year round (excl. Christmas and New Year)
Friday to Monday from £545
Monday to Friday from £545
On the map!
Number 16 is a spacious apartment, renovated to a very high standard in the popular St Nicholas Court development, benefitting from a private covered parking space. Located on Porthmeor Road, Number 16 is perfectly situated to enjoy views across to the Island and St Nicholas chapel.
St Nicholas Court can be accessed through a gate on Porthmeor Road. Guests walk through a cobbled walkway and into the courtyard, which is well-maintained throughout the year by an on-site caretaker. The courtyard is home to the communal laundry room and a convenient outside shower, which can be used to wash sandy feet and wet suits.
Number 16 is located on the first floor of St Nicholas Court and is reached by walking up 17 steps. Access to the apartment is turning right at the top of the steps and carry on along the walkway for approx. 25 metres.Turn right at the end. You will find No.16 over in the left hand corner of the complex with the number on the door.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests. For guests with limited mobility or rely on the use of a wheelchair, there is a stair lift located on the stairs next to number 16. The key can be made available on request.
The apartment opens into a convenient hallway and is all on one level. To the left of the apartment there is a Superking/Twin room (Zip and Link), family shower room and master suite with King bed and ensuite shower room. The Twin room is to the right of the hallway, as is the open plan kitchen/lounge/diner.The large living and dining area stretches out towards the french doors. The French doors lead onto the Mediterranean decked courtyard which includes a large dining table and chairs for al fresco dining.
Wifi and Sky TV complete family bundle (including sports and movies) are provided free of charge.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1SZ.
- Number 16 is situated on Porthmeor Road and easily accessed by car.
- St Nicholas Court is located on Porthmeor beach which is accessed by going through the courtyard and onto Porthmeor Road and then through the Slipway. Porthgwidden beach and The Harbour are located between 200-400 metres away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 500 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 300 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- The apartment has an electric central heating and hot water system. Guests are able to control the timing of this using the device in the hallway. The Electric fuse board is located behind an access panel narrow cupboard to the left of the wardrobe in bedroom 2 which is found as you enter the apartment, the first bedroom on the left hand-side.
- The duvets and pillows are man-made with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The apartment is strictly non-smoking.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe outside the apartment, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- A parking space (16) is provided in the secure, underground car park of St Nicholas Court. Access to the car park is through a gate on Porthmeor Road (key for the car park will be in the key safe). The car park has a height restriction of 1.9 metres and width of 2 metres, guests with roof boxes are reminded to measure the height of their car including roof box prior to arrival as it may be necessary to remove the roof box before entering the car park. The parking space measures approximately 205cm wide by 450cm long.
- There is also a pedestrian door leading from the car park directly into St Nicholas Court. This can be found opposite the parking space to the side of the electric meter storage cupboard slightly adjacent to the parking space. Go through the access door and you can walk up the spiral staircase with 14 steps up, you will see No.16 over to the right in the corner on the left hand-side of the walkway. A second access door into the complex is over to the far right of the parking space, on the left hand-side , where you can enter the complex and walk up the main walkway steps where there are 17 steps up. Then turn right, walk along the walkway for 25 metres and turn right, where you will see No.16 over in the corner on the left hand-side.
- Rubbish hoppers are also situated here in a separate bin room.
- Key for the laundry room will be in the flat on the key hook provided
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
Kitchen and living area
- Flooring is amtico. With a rug in the living area.
- The kitchen has an electric hob and oven under, half size dishwasher, large upright 70/30 fridge freezer, microwave, washing machine, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 6 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen/dining room are adequately lit.
- There is a large dining table seating 6 adults.
- The lounge has a large sofa and two bucket chairs comfortably seating up to 6 adults. There is a flat screen LCD Smart TV (46”) with full Sky, including Sky Sports and ESPN and also a Blue Ray DVD player.
- Wifi (access details are contained on a card next to the router; alternatively, they can be found on the router itself).
- A choice of traditional family games can be found in the media unit.
- The courtyard can be accessed from either the lounge or the master bedroom where you will find a wonderful large decked area with a dining table and 6 chairs.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- The laminated flooring of the hallway leads guests into carpeted bedrooms and tiled bathrooms.
- The twin room has two full size single beds, bedside table and light with wardrobe space which includes drawers, hairdryer and wall mounted LCD TV (22”) with Freeview.
- The family bathroom is off the hallway and has a full size bath with a Mira shower.
- The master suite has a superking upholstered bed affording splendid sea views.
- There are two bedside lamps and a central ceiling light, wall mounted LCD Smart TV (28”) with Freeview, wardrobe, chest of drawers and hairdryer.
- The ensuite shower room has an upright shower unit with Mira shower.
Communal laundry room (a washer/dyrer machine is also provided in the apartment)
- For sole-use by guests and residents of St Nicholas Court.
- Large washing machines and driers.
- Key located in Number 16.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.