Situated in an elevated position and only five minutes’ walk to the Tate Gallery, Porthmeor beach, the harbour, shops and restaurants, Tinhay offers light, spacious and contemporary accommodation with far reaching views of St Ives harbour and the Atlantic Ocean. Sleeping up to 6 guests across 3 beautifully appointed bedrooms with a family bathroom and two shower rooms, Tinhay has recently been refurbished to the highest of standards and offers natural and calming interiors allowing you to walk through the front door and feel instantly relaxed. This gorgeous property also has the benefit of a paved garden area with seating for al fresco dining with views across to Godrevy Lighthouse.
- Weekly prices start from £595.
- Short breaks available throughout the year.
- 3 Beautifully appointed bedrooms, one super king/twin (zip and link) ensuite bedroom, king bedroom and double bedroom.
- Sea views from the king and master bedrooms.
- Utility room with shower.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine/dryer and dishwasher.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Paved garden, a real sun trap!
- All bills included.
- Gilchrist & Soames guest toiletries.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- One small/medium dog accepted.
Tinhay is in a wonderful location – we would thoroughly recommend Cherished and Tinhay to anyone interested in visiting St Ives – Thank you!
Fabulous property with a great location!
Beautifully decorated with a great layout. Very spacious and well equipped, couldn’t recommend highly enough!
The property Tinhay, is lovely!
Cherished Cottages were very helpful and we have had our usual good time in St Ives!
£595 - £1795
Short breaks available throughout the year
3 night weekend break from £415
4 night midweek break from £415
On the map!
Tinhay is a beautiful house on a pedestrianised terrace with views over St Ives bay. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Tinhay is located just above the town and access to the shops, restaurants and beaches is a short walk downhill.
The kitchen/diner and living room are located on the ground floor along with a shower room. There are a king size bedroom & one double bedroom and a family bathroom on the first floor. With a master en suite bedroom which can be Super King or Twin bedded on the second floor with a WC and shower room. There is a garden to the front.
Wifi is provided free of charge.
- Should you require a food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1JS. Please note: for a delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- Tinhay is located on a pedestrianised terrace, at the front of the property there is no passing traffic. There is a narrow access road to the rear of the property. The nearest public car park is approximately 90 metres away.
- The nearest beach is Harbour (120 metres away) accessed down a steep hill with about 50 steps, and Porthmeor (180 metres away) by a pathway which includes about 25 steps. Porthgwidden, and Bamaluz beaches are a 10 minute walk and Porthminster beach a 15 minute walk away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 80 metres away down a flight of approximately 50 steps.
- The nearest shop is located 50 metres away.
- The property is situated approximately midway between the Tate and Barbara Hepworth Museum.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- All duvets and pillows are not anti-allergic as some are duck down or feather. Quality linen and towels are provided.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
- The house is strictly non-smoking and pets are accepted.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives or M&S on the A30 at the Hayle roundabout about 6 miles away.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
Keys are located in the key safe at the back of the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- There are two external entrances into the house.
- The front door is located on Bowling Green Terrace. This is a pedestrian walkway with no motor traffic. There is a step up from the gate leading to a paved area then one more step up at the front door.
- The back door is located on a private road directly behind the property.
- There are wooden floorboards throughout the ground floor living/dining room. The ground floor shower room and kitchen are tiled.
- The kitchen has an induction hob with electric oven under, slimline dishwasher, large upright fridge/freezer, washing machine with built in drier, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 94cm. The kitchen is adequately lit by a mixture of hanging lights and spot lights.
- Off the kitchen there is a small shower room with a shower cubicle and sink.
- Off the kitchen there is also a utility room where the large upright fridge/freezer and washer/dryer is located.
- There is a small step up into the lounge/dining area through an opening from the kitchen.
- There is a table suitable for 6 guests in the dining area and an inbuilt cupboard where the crockery & glasses are kept.
- The lounge has a sofa, a flat screen LCD TV, a DVD player located in the sideboard, two small coffee tables and French doors with a step down into the front garden. There are views through the French doors of the garden.
- The lounge has floor length curtains at the window.
- Through the dining area there is a hallway to the front door and upstairs. Under the stairs there is a freestanding storage unit with books, games & drinking glasses.
- From the hallway there are 9 carpeted stairs up to the mezzanine landing.
- Then up one step into the bathroom which includes a full size roll top bath with mixer shower over, wash hand basin and WC and heated towel rail.
- Then 4 further carpeted steps to the first floor (to access to the two bedrooms on this floor) leading to access the walkway which takes you to the top floor master suite.
- The rear double bedroom has two bedside overhead wall lamps, and an inbuilt cupboard with shelves, a grey chest of drawers with four drawers and a wooden chair. There is a mirror provided. This room has street views. There are blinds to the window and the room is heated by a radiator.
- The front bedroom has a king size bed, two bedside tables with lamps. A chest of drawers, a DAB radio, hairdryer and mirror. There is an inbuilt small cupboard in the recess for storage. The window overlooks the front garden with views towards the Harbour it has floor length curtains. This room is heated by a radiator.
- Ahead is an open hallway area, with a sash window with sea views (dressing room/hanging clothes storage area), leading to the 12 carpeted stairs to the second floor. There are 4 large cushions in this area, and the boiler, hoover, iron & ironing board are all stored here, too.
- Access is via 12 stairs, arriving at a small landing, turning right, up another small step then into the room. The stairs and bedroom floor are carpeted. There is a wooden bannister rail.
- The front facing bedroom has magnificent harbour and sea views extending around all of St Ives bay. There is a zip and link bed (which can either be twin bedded or super-king size), two bedside tables, two bedside lamps and a ceiling down lighters and chest of drawers. The 2 sash windows have fabric blinds, and there is a radiator for heating.
- This room has a tiled en suite bathroom. With a WC, wash hand basin, mirror, shaver point, heated towel rail, down lighters and a large walk in shower cubicle. The sash window is frosted for privacy.
- Unusually (for St Ives) Tinhay has outside space.
- To the front of the property via the hallway there are two steps down to a gated garden.
- The garden is mainly paved, with a seating area and flower beds to the side of the seating area.
- There is a wooden table seating 6. There is also a metal bench.
- The gate leads to the front access path of the property.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be replaced into the keysafe provided at the rear of the property.
- You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy, as any unreasonable additional cleaning required or damages caused may be charged for.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.