The Wreck, 10 The Digey
New to the Cherished portfolio for 2019, The Wreck is a wonderful 19th Century four-storey cottage in the heart of Downalong, St Ives. Being centrally located, the house leads straight onto the cobbled lane of The Digey being just moments from shops, restaurants, beaches and cafes.
Set over 4 floors, The Wreck boasts original stripped floorboards, beautifully light rooms and sea views from the top double bedroom. With two double bedrooms and two bunk bedrooms, the house would be suitable for 4 adults & 4 children or 6 adults and offers a great base for a family enjoying a holiday in St Ives. The property provides a high chair, travel cot & stair gate for guests use.
*Please Note* The second to third floor steps are quite steep and this may make the third floor unsuitable for elderly people or people with limited mobility.
- Weekly prices start from £625.
- Short breaks available all year round.
- Two double bedrooms and two bunk bedrooms each with a sink.
- Family bathroom located through the kitchen on the ground floor.
- Less than a minutes walk to Porthmeor beach and the Harbour and seconds to Fore Street.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Complimentary WiFi internet access.
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Gilchrist & Soames guest toiletries.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Electric stove in lounge.
- No smoking.
- Pet friendly.
Short breaks available all year round.
3 night weekend break from £435
4 night midweek break from £435
On the map!
The Wreck, 10 The Digey, St Ives, TR26 1HR
The Wreck, 10 The Digey, St Ives, TR26 1HR
The Wreck is ideally situated for us to enjoy all that St Ives has to offer!
We have stayed here on a number of occasions an the recent renovations have enhanced the property further. We will definitely be back again soon!
The Wreck is a 19th Century four-storey cottage in the Digey area of St Ives, Cornwall. We aim to meet the needs of all our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
The Wreck is located on a level but narrow, cobbled street with moderately level access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
The kitchen and the family bathroom are located on the ground floor, with the lounge and dining area located on the first floor. On the second floor there is one double bedroom and a bunk bedroom. The second to third floor staircase is narrow and steep and leads to a double bedroom and bunk bedroom. High chair, travel cot & stairgate provided.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode for closest delivery is TR26 1HE (delivery would have to be from Forestreet).
- The Wreck is located on a very narrow, cobbled street with difficult/tight access by car.
- The nearest beaches are The Harbour and Porthmeor and are located approx. 250 metres away. Porthgwidden and Bamaluz beaches are located approx. 500 metres away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 100 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 100 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating and radiators throughout, guests can control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are luxury microfibre with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- There is a high chair, cot and stair gate in the bunk bedroom wardrobe on the second floor.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors, a carbon monoxide alarm and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are in a key safe at the house, full details and the key safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- To unload there are two options: outside of the house on the Digey or park at Bumbles Tearoom to unload (depending on accessibility).
- The Island Car Park is located approx. 400 metres away. This is a council car park and spaces cannot be reserved. Directions to the car park will be emailed to you before your arrival.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions
- There is one external entrance into the cottage at street level with one step up to the front door. There are 5 steps down to the ground floor immediately on entry.
- The flooring is laminate.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with electric oven under, full size dishwasher, undercounter half size fridge, under counter half size freezer, a microwave, washing machine/drier, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 8+ guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 93cm. The kitchen area is adequately lit by spotlights and strip LEDs under the cupboards. The fuse box is on the ground floor.
- The family bathroom has a sink, toilet, bath with overhead shower and a handheld shower head, a heated towel rail and wall light.
- There are 5 steps leading up to the first floor
- The lounge and dining area are located on the first floor.
- The flooring is wooden floorboards.
- The dining table sits 8 and has seat cushions.
- The lounge area has a wooden coffee table, there are 2 X 2-seater sofas, there is a TV with a DVD player and a selection of DVDs, an electric fireplace, a small wooden bench and the Wifi box is located on this floor.
- There is a pendant light over the dining room table, and the rest of the room is adequately lit by wall lights.
- There are privacy blinds and curtains to the windows.
- There are 11 steps up to the second floor with a wooden banister.
- The landing is wooden floorboards and leads into one of the two bunk rooms and one of the two double bedrooms both with wooden floorboards and a toilet.
- The double bedroom is lit by a ceiling light and has a chest of drawers, one bedside table, two lamps, a free-standing wardrobe, a sink with a glass shelf above, a hair dryer and the window have privacy blinds and curtains.
- The bunk bedroom has a full-size single bunk and is lit by a ceiling light. It has a chest of drawers, a lamp, a sink with a glass shelf above, a built-in wardrobe and an ornate lamp stand the window has a privacy blind and curtains. The bunk bed has 3 wooden steps on the ladder.
- There is a cot, high chair and stair gate in the wardrobe in the bunk room.
- There is a small toilet and the boiler is in the cupboard in this room.
- Stairs up to the third floor are steep and narrow and should be used with care.
- There are 10 wooden steps up to the third floor with an additional step up to the double bedroom and 1 to the bunk bedroom also.
- The double bedroom has a double size bed, with a free-standing wardrobe, 2 bedside tables, 2 lamps, a sink, a double window with curtains, there is restricted head height in the corner of the room to the window with a chest of drawers, the room is lit by a ceiling light.
- The bunk bedroom has a full-size single bunk and is lit by a ceiling light. There are 3 wooden steps on the bunk ladder. The room has a chest of drawers, a lamp, a free-standing wardrobe and a sink and glass shelf.
- As with most properties in St Ives, The Wreck does not have a garden, however, there is a bistro table and chairs provided and can be placed on the pavement directly in front of the house.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be put back in the key safe on departure.
- You are asked to leave the cottage clean and tidy, any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
9 Ros Lyn
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.