Shearwater Cottage is a relaxing seaside retreat, ideal for families looking for a Cornish getaway.
Situated in an elevated position in St Ives, this house is only a five minute walk from the harbour, beaches, shops and restaurants. This hidden gem offers spacious accommodation with far reaching views of St Ives harbour and the Atlantic Ocean from the upper floors. Shearwater Cottage has a garden area to the front of the house with seating for dining al fresco, the perfect space to relax and unwind after a busy day on the beach or out sightseeing. Parking for one small/medium car included (please check dimensions in the access statement).
*Please Note* The second floor has steep steps and limited head space when entering and exiting and this may make the room unsuitable for elderly people or people with limited mobility.
- Weekly prices start from £595.
- Short breaks available all year round.
- Beautiful attic bedroom with sweeping views over the town and harbour.
- Open plan living space.
- Original features.
- Dining area.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Modern heating system
- All bills included.
- Gilchrist & Soames guest toiletries.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- One small/medium size well behaved dog allowed.
Lovely, well equipped but still has a family feel to it!
Excellent sun rise in the front bedroom and attic room and a very attractive location. Look forward to returning to our Cherished place!
Beautiful house – Perfect!
Great position and home from home.
Great position near the town centre and beaches.
Absolutely beautiful house, well appointed and with everything you need to have a lovely holiday. Helpful and friendly service from the team.
Enjoyed a very happy family reunion here.
Lovely light, tasteful decor and a great walk into St Ives.
Shearwater Cottage is excellent!
We thought the beds were very comfortable and the TV was easy to use 🙂 So, altogether we think Shearwater Cottage is great!!
Lovely property with lots of character.
Everything we needed for a lovely holiday in St Ives.
A lovely house, fantastic location!
So many amazing things to do in St Ives. The house was beautifully clean on arrival. Thank you!
Thank you so much for letting us stay in this beautiful house.
We got married in St Ives, the weather was great and the house was the perfect accompaniment to our ‘Wedding Week’!
Great place and well equipped for 6.
Such a lovely house, really comfortable and beautifully decorated.
Great views and lovely garden.
Decor and facilities are excellent!
And the views from the attic are superb. An incredibly relaxing Easter break.
Shearwater Cottage = Shear Joy
Beautiful interior and very comfortable and relaxing. Well located for St Ives restaurants and galleries.
We had such a lovely holiday in this lovely cottage.
Thank you to the owners and management agency for making our holiday really super.
We enjoyed staying in this comfortable house, with it’s wonderful views and great location.
It will be our preferred choice whenever we come to St Ives. Thank you!
What a beautiful place to stay!
A wonderful home in a lovely location. Everything is provided for an excellent holiday.
Short breaks available :
Friday - Monday from £415
Monday - Friday from £415
On the map!
Shearwater is a beautiful house on a pedestrianised terrace with views over St Ives bay. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users. There is limited head height upon entering and exiting the second floor and care should be taken when using this floor.
Shearwater is located just above the town and access to the shops, restaurants and beaches is a short walk down hill.
The kitchen/diner and living room are located on the ground floor along with a shower room. There are two double bedrooms & one twin bedroom also a family bathroom, one of the doubles is on the second floor. There is a garden to the front, and a narrow parking space for one car around the back of the property.
- Should you require a food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1JS. Please note: for a delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- Shearwater is located on a pedestrianised terrace, at the front of the property there is no passing traffic. There is a narrow access road to the rear of the property. The nearest public car park is approximately 90 metres away.
- The nearest beach is Harbour (120 metres away) accessed down a steep hill with about 50 steps, and Porthmeor (180 metres away) by a pathway which includes about 25 steps. Porthgwidden, and Bamaluz beaches are a 10 minute walk and Porthminster beach a 15 minute walk away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 80 metres away down a flight of approximately 50 steps.
- The nearest shop is located 50 metres away.
- The property is situated approximately midway between the Tate and Barbara Hepworth Museum.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- All duvets and pillows are anti-allergic and are not duck down or feather. Quality linen and towels are provided.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking and pets are accepted.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in the key safes at the front and the back of the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- The size of the parking space is approximately 5.5 metres long by 2.7 metres wide, please note park with great care when entering and exiting the space, as it is located in a very narrow private road.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives or M&S on the A30 at the Hayle roundabout about 6 miles away.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There are two external entrances into the house.
- The front door is located on Bowling Green Terrace. This is a pedestrian walkway with no motor traffic. There are 9 steps along a bricked path to reach the front door.
- The back door is located on a private road directly behind the property.
- There are original wooden floorboards throughout the ground floor. The shower room are tiled.
- The kitchen has an induction hob with electric oven under, dishwasher, large upright fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine with built in drier, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen is adequately lit by spot lights. There is a tall radiator.
- Off the kitchen there is a small shower room with a shower, toilet and sink.
- There is a small step down into the lounge/dining area with wooden floors, through some french doors
- There is a table suitable for 6 guests in the diner area and a French Dresser where the crockery is kept.
- The lounge has a sofa, matching chair, a flat screen LCD TV, DVD with a small library of CDs, and DVDs, coffee table and a feature fire place with mantel. There are views through the front window of the garden..
- The lounge has shutters at the window.
- Through the dining area there is a hallway to the front door and upstairs. Under the stairs there is a storage cupboard.
- From the hallway there are 13 carpeted stairs up to the first floor. The bathroom includes a full size bath with shower over, wash hand basin and WC and radiator.
- There are 2 carpeted steps down onto a small landing and then 4 further steps up into the hall way to the bedrooms.
- The double bedroom has two bedside tables with lamps, and a wardrobe with shelves and two drawers. There is a mirror and a hairdryer provided. There is a feature fireplace with a wooden surround. This room has a window seat with sea and harbour views. There are full length curtains to the window and the room is heated by a radiator.
- The twin bedroom as two single beds, one bedside table with a lamp, with a chest of drawers and mirror, and hairdryer. There is a small rail for hanging some clothes. A window over looks the back with curtains. This room is heated by a radiator.
- There is a small room to the front of the house with an armchair, a floor lamp and a large bookcase. A beautiful large sash window with views over to the harbour. There is a small window seat too. This room is also heated by a radiator.
- There is a sliding door from the landing leading up to 13 steep wooden stairs up to the second floor bedroom.
- The stairs and bedroom are wooden floors. The access to this bedroom is narrow (about 50 cm wide) and steep and will not be suitable for elderly people or people with limited mobility. There is a handrail made of rope.
- The stairs lead straight into a bedroom with harbour and sea views extending around all of St Ives bay. There is a double bed, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps and 2 ceiling lights. chest of drawers, two chairs and in the eaves there is hanging space for shirts and skirts. The windows have blinds. And a radiator for heating.
- The ceiling is of full height except towards the sides of the room where it meets the roof line. Care needs to be taken when entering and exiting the bedroom as there is restricted head height by the staircase.
- Unusually with many properties in St Ives, Shearwater has outside space.
- To the front of the property there is a gated garden. The garden is split into two parts 1/2 gravel and 1/2 decking with a small slope path up to the front door then 2 steps in through the front door.
- Outside on the gravel there is a table and seating for 6. There is also a bench on the decked area.
- The parking space is located to the rear of the property across the road. The space measures approximately 2.7 metres wide by 5.5metres long. Please note that it is a tight space to park in and will require careful maneuvering.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be replaced into the keysafe provided at the front and rear of the property.
- You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy, as any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.