Red Sails Cottage is in the popular area of Downalong in St Ives. A Grade II listed traditional fisherman’s cottage only metres from St Ives Harbour and beach.
Originally a pilchard packing cottage, Red Sails has recently been completely refurbished and is now a contemporary living space with a lovely light Scandinavian feel. Centrally positioned for all the shops, bars and restaurants in St Ives; the cottage really is a perfect location to explore the St Ives area and beyond.
With additional features of a quirky spiral staircase and sea views from the second bedroom; the cottage is double-fronted with the benefit of a small courtyard with garden table and chairs. Ideal to watch the world go by!
- Weekly prices from £600.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Two large bedrooms; one king size bedroom with ensuite WC, and one double bedroom.
- One cabin room for use as a snug or third single bedroom; with TV and DVD player.
- Fully fitted kitchen complete with dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave and breakfast bar.
- Open plan kitchen/dining area.
- Large family shower room.
- LCD television with DVD player in living room, along with Bose bluetooth speaker (Soundlink Mini).
- Complimentary WiFi internet access
- Painted hardwood garden furniture.
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
- One small/medium dog accepted. Sorry, no puppies or cats.
- Due to the open plan spiral staircase the cottage may not be suitable for young children. Please check our access statement below for more information.
Red Sails is a perfect cottage for a small family/2 couples.
The location is spot on; close to the harbour, Porthmeor and Porthwidden beaches and the main shops, bars and restaurants but quiet, on a pedestrianised street. The cottage was immaculate on arrival and very well equipped. We will definitely return. A 5* property.
The perfect cottage to spend Christmas in St Ives!
Great cottage, lovely spot! Definately recommend!
A charming cottage with all the mod cons.
We loved St Ives and loved Red Sails.
A lovely cottage – very stylish and tranquil!
Ideal location for exploring St Ives, popping in and out to the restaurants – we had a fantastic time!
Red Sails is a beautiful place to stay!
We have had a wonderful time in St Ives. We didn’t use our car once as there was so much to see and do locally. First visit to Cornwall but i’m sure it won’t be our last!
Never stayed in a cottage with so many amenities, it had everything you could possibly need.
Fantastic location and even our dog loved it 🙂 There is nothing more to add as it was perfect – in every way!
Great house with all the comforts required.
Loved St Ives, we will be back!
Red Sails is the most beautiful house in the perfect location!
We have had the most amazing holiday – we will be back!
A lovely little cottage
Love the look and feel.
The house is excellently furnished and was a wonderful position for lots of exploring.
We always enjoy our time spent here and this time was no different. What a wonderful stay in a perfect location.
A lovely Cottage, very stylish and tranquil.
Ideal location for exploring St Ives, popping in and out to the beach and restaurants. We had a fantastic time!
Lovely house, good location and sunny west facing terrace.
Quality furnishings and bed linen. Good Shower, well appointed – would highly recommend.
Rates OverviewWeekly rates for Red Sails
£600 - £1750
Short breaks available all year round (excl. Christmas and New Year):
Friday to Monday from from £420
Monday - Friday from from £420