The Gallery, 11 Cordyline Croft
A fabulous, newly built penthouse apartment offering light, airy and spacious accommodation for up to 4 guests. Not only does The Gallery offer sea views from its large balcony making it the ideal spot to relax and take in the sea air, but it has its own (very sought after) private parking space. Its popular location of The Belyars in St Ives means you can happily leave the car and take a short stroll down into St Ives town.
The Gallery is the perfect property for a romantic getaway for 2 or for a holiday with family or friends.
The apartment offers two large king size bedrooms, one with ensuite shower room, an additional family bathroom, fully equipped kitchen and separate lounge/dining area.
- Weekly prices start from £550.
- Short breaks available throughout the year.
- Beautifully appointed king sized bedrooms with high quality Ergo-flex memory foam mattresses, one with ensuite shower room.
- Dyson cool air purifier fans with night mode in each bedroom.
- Fantastic views from the open plan living space leading onto a private balcony.
- Stunning Jo Downs artwork throughout.
- Allocated parking for one car.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher and microwave also including a Nespresso coffee machine with milk aeroccino.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- 46” inch curved smart television in the lounge, 32” inch smart television in each of the bedrooms and Bose SoundTouch linked audio system in living room and bedrooms (including Wi-fi and Bluetooth connection).
- Lift access to apartment.
- All bills included.
- Gilchrist & Soames guest toiletries.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Sorry, no pets
Short breaks available all year round
3 night weekend break from £385
4 night midweek break from £385
On the map!
‘The Gallery’ is a contemporary penthouse apartment located in The Belyars area of St Ives, Cornwall, newly built in 2017.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests; due to there being a lift within the apartment block, the property would be suitable for guests with limited mobility, although please note that it is a 5 minute walk into central St Ives.
‘The Gallery’ is located above the central area of St Ives, with walks of a moderate gradient to the shops, restaurants and beaches, and depending on the route chosen, some routes involve steps.
There is an allocated parking space for one vehicle, and if your party has more than one car, additional parking can be obtained a few minutes walk away at the St Ives Leisure Centre.
The apartment is on one level and has two bedrooms; two kingsize; The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room, and there is also a separate bathroom. There is an open-plan living / dining area and an excellently equipped kitchen (with induction hob and oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washing machine / tumble dryer). The living / dining area affords lovely sea views towards across the bay towards Godrevy lighthouse, Gwithian and Carn Brea through a large apex window and from the enclosed balcony accessed through a patio door.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery, or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode of ‘The Lighthouse’ is TR26 2GQ. Please note: for a Tesco delivery, you must ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- ‘The Gallery’ is located within the Cordyline Croft development of twelve apartments upon an access lane set back behind the Belyars Croft apartments (sea facing) side and car park at the landward side, with easy access by car from the approach roads to St Ives. It is a 500 m (7 minute walk uphill) from the railway station via footpaths then across a road and up a further quiet road, or if you have luggage to carry, a taxi can be booked from the station. The bus station is on Royal Square, opposite the Royal Cinema.
- The nearest beaches are The Harbour and Porthminster (750 m and 500 metres respectively, 8 minutes / 5 minutes on foot). Bamaluz, Porthgwidden and, Porthmeor are located at approximately 1000 m (around a 10 minute walk).
- The main centre of St Ives is located at 500 metres (5 minutes on foot), with the nearest minimarkets and grocery shops at 5 minutes. These walks are downhill from the apartment, and you can expect to take approximately 10 minutes for the return journey. There are good views on these walks to be enjoyed over St Ives and the harbour and across to Lighthouse.
- The nearest large supermarket (Tesco) is located 1.5 kilometres away, close to the Carbis Bay roundabout.
- The apartment has underfloor gas central heating and radiators in the lounge, and guests are able to control the wall thermostats for this. Hot water is available on demand.
- The bed linen and towels are of a high quality. All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The apartment is strictly non-smoking and no pets are allowed.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the apartment, full details and the safe code of which are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- The car park and main entrance to Cordyline Croft off Higher Trewidden Road, behind the sign to ‘Carrick Lodge’.
- You can park one car only. If your party has more than one car, additional parking is available at the Trenwith Long-stay Car Park (near the St Ives Leisure Centre). This car park is a three minute walk from the apartment. To get there, drive/walk along the road directly opposite the Belyars Croft car park and follow the road round. The car park is on the left. It costs £7.50 for 24 hours of parking.
- There are two flights of steps with a total of 32 stairs to the apartment.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives, if arriving by car; or if arriving by train, that you book a Tesco delivery for after 4pm. The nearest local ‘Co-op’ store and other local shops are a downhill walk of 5-7 minutes from the apartment.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There is a front door to the block of Cordyline Croft, which leads to a communal entrance hall, then two flights of steps with a total of 32 steps brings you to a door to a lobby in front of No.11. There is also a lift which can be accessed through another door leading from the communal entrance on the ground floor.
- The entrance hall and stairs are tiled.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- There is one kingsize bedrooms. Each room has two bedside tables, two bedside lamps and spotlights, DAB/Bluetooth/FM radio, a built-in wardrobe, and hairdryer. There are venetian blinds to the windows. Bedrooms have oak floorboards. Both bedrooms have 32″ smart TVs and a Dyson air purifier.
- The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room with enclosed shower, WC, basin with mirror with light above, and heated towel rail. The walls and floor are fully tiled. There are spotlights on the ceiling.
- There is a separate bathroom with bath with shower over, WC, basin, mirror with light above, and heated towel rail. The walls and floor are fully tiled. There are spotlights on the ceiling.
- The flooring is engineered-oak floorboards.
- The kitchen has an electric induction hob with a built under double oven and cooker hood, a full size fully integrated dishwasher, a large integrated fridge/freezer, a microwave oven, a Nespresso coffee machine, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for four guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, and enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The Silestone sink, ceramic hob and Silestone worktop height is 89cm. The kitchen area has white tiles and white built in units. The room is lit by spotlights.
- There is a dining room table suitable for up to six guests with six dining chairs.
- The flooring is engineered-oak floorboards.
- The lounge area has a large corner sofa and a swivel arm chair. There is a 42 inch curved screen LED SMART TV, There is an extending glass coffee table.
- A door from the living area opens to an enclosed balcony and there are lovely views towards The Island, St Ives harbour, Gwithian and Godrevy Lighthouse. The balcony area is decked in wood. The balustrade is 110.5 cm high to three sides with glass screens. The balcony has two outdoor chairs and a bistro table. There are a further two lounger chairs in the hallway cupboard. Note: care must be taken to supervise toddlers and young children on the balcony.
- Windows in the living and dining areas do not have window coverings so the view can be enjoyed at all times.
- There is a cupboard inside the hall with vacuum cleaner, ironing board, iron, mop and bucket, brush etc.
- The bedrooms look over the car park and wooded areas beyond.
- The pathways to the apartments are lit at night and provide a very attractive feature.
- To the entrance of the car park is a lower enclosed area for refuse. Another slightly higher enclosed area contains cycle racks and space for surf boards etc (which need to be locked to stands).
- Please note that the leasehold terms and conditions for Cordyline Croft mean no washing should be hung on the balcony.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.