Mariner’s Town House
Beautifully proportioned house, with immense character and charm, Mariner’s has been decorated throughout with lovely seaside hues, and has been designed to offer extremely light, spacious and exceptionally comfortable accommodation for up to 10/11 guests.
There is the added benefit of fabulous sea views over towards the harbour and beyond, a private garden, 2 private parking spaces and complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- All bills included.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Beautiful Mediterranean style outside terrace and enclosed gardens.
- Five beautifully appointed bedrooms, including a magnificent master bedroom with four poster bed and private balcony with fabulous sea views.
- Superb light and airy fully fitted kitchen with range cooker, breakfast bar and very cosy dining area, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer & microwave.
- Spacious, light lounge, huge comfy sofas with large flat-screen TV and chill area with occasional chairs, and wood burner for chilly winter evenings!
- Two private car parking spaces
- Central heating.
- Contemporary family bathroom with double sinks and walk in shower and second family shower room.
- Welcome hamper of Cornish goodies.
- Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
- No smoking
- No pets
You really do get everything from this house
Fantastic location, great parking and an immaculate place to stay. Many thanks.
Beautiful house, amazing decor!
Totally exceeded our expectations. We also loved the bag of goodies.
Very tastefully furnished, everything you could want is available, all top quality linen and bedding, very comfortable beds. We came to St Ives to celebrate a 60th birthday, we were blessed with a ‘Beautiful House, Beautiful Weather and Beautiful Town’. Thank you.
The house is excellent
So well appointed, it has everything and more. Cannot fault it for anything. We came here as a family for a special occasion, it really helped to make the stay special.
Very tastefully furnished, everything you could want is available. All top quality linen and comfy beds. We came to celebrate a 60th birthday we were blessed with a beautiful house, beautiful weather and a beautiful town, Thank you
We simply couldn’t have wished for a more perfect place to share a special family holiday.
Mariner’s is fabulous, so many special touches combine to make it special…Thank you! From the kitchen which we all loved – to the amazing showers, gorgeous gardens and dreamy beds – we all were wowed!
We simply could not have wished for a more perfect place
Mariners is fabulous, and so many little touches combine to make it special . . . . thank you! From the kitchen – which we all loved – to the amazing showers, gorgeous garden, comfy sofas and dreamy beds – we all were wowed.
Great stay – Loved the house!
It’s a house for all seasons!
We had three families stay for a week and enjoyed beautiful sunny weather and the house. Having a TV in each room was a luxury, loved the kitchen area which allowed people to hang out there. Great café by the surfers beach – good to check out. A fantastic rental home.
Weekly rates Mariners
Short breaks available throughout the year (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays):
Saturday - Tuesday from £840
Tuesday - Saturday from £840
On the map!
Mariners is a beautiful Georgian house located in the Westcott’s Quay conservation area of St Ives, Cornwall. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, but due to the nature of the property and its location on the old medieval route into St Ives, access may be difficult for guests with limited mobility and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Mariners is located in Skidden Gardens and the front of the property is accessed from Skidden Hill down a stepped path through the front garden. The back door of the house, however, opens out on to a level path that leads to the road where the gradient is more gentle and very soon becomes a moderately level access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
The sitting room is located on the ground floor looking on to the garden and has a woodburner. If children are in the house then the fireguard must be used at all times. There are four steps down to the kitchen/dining area. The main staircase up from the sitting room leads to the first floor, with one king size bedroom and one bunk room (small double with single above), each looking over the gardens to the front, and one double size bedroom with a raised bed and its own balcony looking towards the church and the Island. The bathroom is also located on the first floor, with a bath and separate shower. Stairs from the landing lead up to the second floor where there is a double bedroom looking over the gardens to the front. The master bedroom is also located on the second floor and has a four poster bed and an ensuite shower room. The master bedroom also has its own balcony with beautiful views towards the harbour. A small staircase up from the master bedroom leads to a mezzanine level where there is an office area and further fabulous views towards the harbour.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 2DX. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- Mariners is located on a slightly narrow one-way road with relatively easy access by car from the Market Place and St Ia Church up St Andrews Street and Skidden Hill.
- The nearest beach is at Westcott’s Quay, which is located 75 metres away.
- The Harbour and the main centre of St Ives are located approximately 250 metres away.
- The award-winning Porthminster Beach is a gentle stroll of approximately 500metres.
- The nearest shop is located 120 metres away.
- There is a Co-op approximately 200 metres away and the nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located 250 metres away and plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating and guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are duck down and feather with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There are two external entrances into the house.
- The front door is located on Skidden Hill and there are 13 steps down a pebble and grey limestone path through the front garden to reach the front door.
- There is a dining table seating 4 adults.
- The back door is located in a passage way off Skidden Hill with two steps up to enter the kitchen.
- The kitchen flooring is limestone tiled and the sitting room has white wooden flooring.
- The kitchen has a gas range with electric oven under, full size dishwasher, large upright fridge/freezer, microwave, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 8 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm.
- From the kitchen there is a door leading to a utility room, with a washing machine and tumble drier and storage cupboards. There is also an extending clothes drying rack.
- The kitchen and dining area are very adequately lit by downlighters on dimmers.
- There is a large dining room table suitable for 8 guests.
- The sitting room has two sofas to seat 8 guests, a hi-fi, flat screen LCD TV, DVD player with a small library of DVD’s.
- In the sitting room there are shutters to the windows.
- From the kitchen there are four steps up to the sitting room.
- From the sitting room there are 12 carpeted stairs up to the 1st floor and there is an under-stairs cupboard.
- The landing and bedrooms are carpeted and the bathroom has a tiled floor.
- The king size bedroom has one king size bed, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps and downlighters, TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers. The window is dressed with a Roman blind.
- The bunk room has bunk beds with the top mattress dimensions of 3’ wide by 5’2” long. There is a wardrobe and a chest of drawers.
- The bottom bunk is 30cm above floor level and a double mattress size. The top bunk is 150cm above floor level. There are 4 steps up a fixed ladder to get to the top bunk.
- The bathroom has an enamelled steel bath, separate enclosed shower, WC, twin basins with overhead porthole mirror, wall lights, shaver socket and towel rail.
- The balcony room has a raised double size bed (cabin bed) accessed by a moveable three step ladder. There is an alcove next to the bed with a bedside lamp and power and USB charging sockets. There are downlighters and a further lamp on a chest of drawers. There is under-bed storage and a wall-mounted flat screen TV. There is a Roman blind to the window and floor length curtains to the French windows leading on to the balcony.
- The landing is carpeted. The staircase up from the landing has 13 carpeted stairs up to the second floor.
- The stairs and landing are carpeted as are the two bedrooms and the mezzanine floor. The en suite shower room floor is tiled.
- The double bedroom has a full size double bed. The room is carpeted and there is a wardrobe and a small cupboard with a lamp. The window, looking over the gardens to the front, is dressed with a Roman blind.
- The master bedroom has harbour/sea views with king size four poster bed, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps and spotlights on dimmers, chest of drawers, wardrobe, chair and TV. The windows have Roman blinds and there are floor length curtains to the French windows leading on to the balcony.
- The ensuite shower room has a tiled floor, enclosed shower, WC, basin with overhead mirror with lights and shaver socket and towel rail. It is lit by spotlights.
- Unlike most properties in St Ives, Mariners has a garden and this is laid out to the front of the house. There is a small limestone paved area immediately outside the front door and three steps up lead to a decked area.
- The rest of the garden is laid to lawn in rising sections, but there are also some established trees.
- 2 private parking spaces
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.