Sailfish Cottage is a beautiful grade II listed former fisherman’s cottage located in the popular Downalong area of St Ives, Cornwall. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Sailfish Cottage is located on a level road with moderately level access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
The kitchen/dining room and shower room are located on the ground floor, with one king size bedroom and lounge located on the first floor and two further bedrooms (one king size and one twin) and the bathroom on the second floor.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1PF. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- Sailfish Cottage is located on slightly narrow road with easy access by car.
- The nearest beach is Bamaluz and is located 100 metres away. Porthgwidden, Porthmeor and The Harbour are located between
- 200-400 metres away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 500 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 300 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- We have a website with additional photographs and information on www.sailfishcottage.co.uk.
- The owners of Sailfish Cottage can be contacted by telephone, post or email.
- The cottage has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are duck down and feather with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the cottage, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- You can unload outside of the cottage before parking.
- A parking space is provided in the Porthgwidden car park, located 200 metres from the cottage. A permit will be on the dining room table ready for your arrival. An additional parking space is available at a cost of £35 per week located in Channel View (5-10 minute walk from the cottage) in a secure newly constructed garage. The garage measurements are 2m high, 6m long and 3m wide. Please note: because of the height restriction it will not be possible to park a car with a roof box in the garage. Directions to the parking space will be emailed to you before your arrival.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- Because of the very nature of the cottage, there is a low beam in the kitchen.
- There are two external entrances into the cottage. The downstairs entrance has no steps and leads straight into the open plan kitchen/dining room.
- The flooring is tiled.
- There are no steps into the shower room, which provides a walk-in shower, WC, towel rail and small sink and is lit by downlighters and light over mirror which includes a shaver socket.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with electric oven under, full size dishwasher, full size freezer, large upright fridge, microwave, washing machine, drier, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 6 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen/dining room are adequately lit by spot lights on dimmers.
- There is a large dining room table suitable for six guests and a hi-fi with small library of CD’s located in the dining room.
- There are blinds to the windows and door.
- Stairs up to the 1st floor are steep and narrow and should be used with care. There are 10 steps up to the 1st floor.
- There are 8 steps up to the external entrance to the first floor.
- You come into a tiled porch which houses the combi-boiler. There is a step up to the carpeted landing with doors to the lounge and one bedroom off.
- The lounge is carpeted with a surround sofa seating six people. There is a gas stove, flat screen LCD TV, DVD and video player, and a selection of DVD’s and videos. There are floor length curtains and two upright lights controlled by a dimmer switch.
- The bedroom has a feature fire place (not working), a king size bed, two bedside lamps and central ceiling light, alarm clock, TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers and hairdryer. There is a privacy blind to the window and floor length curtains.
- There are 10 stairs up to the second floor.
- The stairs and bedrooms are carpeted and there is one further step up to one bedroom on your right or one step up to a bedroom and bathroom on your left.
- The right hand side bedroom has a king size bed, two bedside lamps and central ceiling fisherman’s lamp, alarm clock, TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers and hairdryer. There is a privacy blind to the window and floor length curtains.
- The other bedroom has two single (3’) beds, two bedside lamps and central ceiling fisherman’s lamp, alarm clock, TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers and hairdryer. There is a privacy blind to the window and floor length curtains.
- The bathroom has a tiled floor with bath with hand held shower over, WC, basin with overhead mirror with light and shaver socket, towel rail and storage area for toiletries. It is lit by downlighters.
- As with most properties in St Ives, Sailfish Cottage does not have a garden.
- There is a small area outside the cottage where two deckchairs (provided) can be placed.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be posted through the letterbox on departure.
- You are asked to leave the cottage clean and tidy, any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Telephone: 08448 099170
Hours of operation: 8am – 9pm 7 days per week.