Beautifully proportioned front line house, perfectly located on Porthmeor beach and the Cornish coastal path; Atlantic Watch provides sumptuous accommodation for up to 12 guests. With wonderfully light rooms and stunning sea views, original art work and high quality furnishings, Atlantic Watch has been recently renovated to an exceptionally high standard. Including parking for two large or three small cars, a large decked area to the rear and side of the property and the luxury of a garden to boot, this gorgeous property is the perfect St Ives retreat!
- Six beautifully appointed bedrooms, including a magnificent master bedroom with king size bed and private balcony with fabulous sea views.
- Five bathrooms/shower rooms/one WC.
- Lovely south facing enclosed garden with outdoor shower and decking areas for sunbathing and outdoor dining.
- Superb light and airy fully fitted kitchen incorporating wine fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave, alongside a cosy dining area .
- Two lounges, one elegant, open plan area with sea views and one snug with comfy sofas with a large, curved-screen TV and chill area.
- Private car parking spaces – 2 large cars or 3 small cars – at the front of the property.
- Central heating.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- All bills included.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Welcome hamper of Cornish goodies.
- Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
- No smoking
- Well behaved pets accepted.
Weekly rates Atlantic Watch
Short breaks available throughout the year (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays)
Saturday – Tuesday from £1300
Tuesday – Saturday £1300
On the map!
Atlantic Watch is a fantastic seaside house located on the Porthmeor side of St Ives, Cornwall. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, but due to the nature of the property, access may be difficult for guests with limited mobility and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Atlantic Watch is located off Porthmeor Hill and the front of the property is accessed from Beach Road with a driveway to the front of the house. The ground floor includes the entrance lobby, reception hall, four ground floor bedrooms with one ensuite bathroom, one family bathroom and one separate shower room. The first floor has a superb full width open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room with two sets of double glazed windows opening to Juliet balconies with astonishing sea, beach and coastal views. Off the kitchen is a second lounge/snug with ensuite and large balcony off. The second floor hosts the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and stunning views, and guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Outside enables off-road parking for two large/three small cars. There is a garage for bikes, boards and surfgear. Landscaped rear garden with a south facing terrace and upper area of lawned area.
- From the front of the house, the gradient is relatively gentle and level walk to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
- To enter the house, use the eight paved steps to one side which leads up to the double glazed front door.
- Take one step up into the long entrance lobby.
- The entrance lobby has 4 steps leading to a double size bedroom.
- From the entrance lobby a door opens to a twin bedroom with double glazed window to the rear, wall mounted cupboard, one step down and door to the ensuite shower room comprising WC, wash basin with mixer tap, and mirror over, corner shower cubicle with overhead shower and separate shower attachment, inset downlights, extractor fan, tiled walls and tiled floor.
- From the entrance lobby, the front door opens into a reception hall.
- There is a separate shower room and family bathroom on this floor.
- The first bedroom is a beautiful king size room with a king size bed. The broad double glazed bay window has wonderful sea views . Two radiators, ceiling light point.
- Bedroom 2 is a large room with king size bed with broad double glazed bay window with stunning views. Radiator. Ceiling light point.
- Bedroom 3 – Stunning bunk bed with double glazed double doors opening onto rear paved terrace with 12 steps leading up to upper area of lawned garden. Ceiling light point, radiator.
- The ground floor bathroom comprises of a freestanding roll edged bath with mixer tap and separate hand held shower attachment, WC, wash basin with mixer tap, tiled shower cubicle with overhead shower. Lighting through inset downlights, extractor fan, heated towel rail and tiled floor. Double glazed window to rear.
- Shower room – comprising WC, hand basin with mirror over, tiled shower cubicle with overhead shower and separate shower attachment, tiled floor and walls, wall mounted heated towel rail, inset downlights, extractor fan.
- From the ground floor take 13 steps up to the first floor which leads up to a superb open-plan kitchen/sitting and dining room. Designed to take optimum advantage of the broad elevated views with two sets of double glazed double doors opening to Juliet style stainless steel and glass balconies. Built-in kitchen, with inset Baumatic four ring electric hob, oven and grill under and extractor fan with light over. Sink with mixer tap and retractable shower head attachment with integrated drainer to one side. Built-in dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer. Central island unit with cupboards, two fridges, freezer plus additional wine cooler. Inset downlights.
- Part double glazed door to 3 oak steps leads to oak decking with stainless steel and glass balustrading allowing both sea and garden views..A further 11 steps brings you down to the paved garden area, and then 12 steps up to the paved and grassed garden area .
- From the kitchen area a door leads to second lounge/snug with window and double glazed door opening onto paved terrace, again with stainless steel and glass balustrade and with access via 5 steps down to the rear lawned area of garden and a further 10 steps to bring you down to the side gate and front door. Radiator.
- ‘Jack and Jill’ WC. Bath with mixer tap, shower attachment and shower screen, sink with mixer tap. Limestone style tiled walls, mirror, two windows to side, lit by inset downlights, extractor fan, door to dining area off open-plan kitchen/breakfast room.
- A staircase or 13 steps lead you up to the second floor.
- Master bedroom suite comprises a large dual aspect room with views to the sea and garden. Double glazed double doors open onto an enclosed balcony with stainless steel and glass balustrade enjoying amazing views over the beach and ocean. Double glazed window to rear. Radiator. Ensuite bathroom with freestanding roll edged bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, wash basin, WC, cupboard, tiled floor, wall mounted heated towel rail, pebble effect walling, two double glazed windows enjoying sensational views, lit by inset downlights, extractor fan and mirror.
- Guest bedroom – Twin room with double glazed window to side and small double glazed window to rear, radiator. Door leading to ensuite bathroom comprising WC, wash basin with mixer tap, bath with mixer tap, shower attachment and shower screen. Double glazed window to side, limestone effect walling, heated towel rail, inset downlights, extractor fan
- Outside – Beside the main entrance a wrought iron gate in a brick archway leads to a paved pathway with 10 steps leading up to a level area of lawned garden enclosed by high level fencing on two sides. The whole garden has been landscaped to make the most of the area. A flight of 5 oak steps leads up to a paved terrace off the second lounge/snug which is enclosed by stainless steel land glass balustrading.
- Pathways run to the rear of the house and give access to a further south facing terrace to sit out on. This terrace has a flight of 11 oak steps leading up to the decked terrace off the kitchen/breakfast room.
- Parking – there is off-road parking for up to three vehicles to the front of the property and access to the garage with electronically operated up and over door. No parking in the garage please.
- Unlike most properties in St Ives, Atlantic Watch has a garden and this is laid out to the rear of the house. There is a small limestone paved area immediately outside the front door and steps up lead to a decked area.
- The rest of the garden is laid to lawn in rising sections, but there are also some established trees.
- Up to 3 private parking spaces to the front of the property.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1JY. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- The nearest beach is at Porthmeor, which is located 25 metres away.
- The Harbour and the main centre of St Ives are located approximately 250 metres away.
- The award-winning Porthminster Beach is a gentle stroll of approximately 500metres.
- The nearest corner shop is located 200 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located a mile away and plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating and guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are non-allergenic with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- Parking is available on the drive for two large or three small vehicles.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.