The Tide House, Downalong
The Tide House is a tastefully and beautifully styled Downalong townhouse. Perfectly located for Porthmeor, Porthgwidden and The Harbour beaches, shops and restaurants. A bright, comfortable and cosy house set over four floors with two sitting rooms and sea views from the top bedroom. The accommodation is perfect for couples or families to enjoy. The Tide House has a south facing outside space where you can enjoy a morning coffee or an evening glass of wine. For those winter evenings the wood burning stove is a very welcoming feature.
- Weekly prices start from £675.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Three beautifully appointed bedrooms configuring two double bedrooms and one twin bedroom.
- Additional twin bedroom in mezzanine above the lounge. Please note that the mezzanine is open with no door to the stairs and is therefore unsuitable for small children.
- Sea and town views from the mezzanine.
- Family bathroom and additional ensuite shower room.
- Fully fitted kitchen with oven and hob, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave.
- Open plan kitchen/dining room/lounge.
- Two lounge areas, both with flat screen TV’s.
- Lobby area for storing surf boards, wet suits, coats, shoes etc.
- Small outside area to the front of the house with bench and potted plants.
- DVD player and ipod docking station.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome basket with Cornish goodies.
- Well behaved pets accepted.
Lovely property, well equipped and spotlessly clean.
Brilliant to have all the linen and towels included.
When we opened the door, we knew we would have a very comfortable stay in your lovely cottage
Clean, cosy and equipped with everything we needed and added to our fantastic stay in St Ives.
Beautiful, well equipped house
Very clean and a lovely welcome pack.
Amazing location and a wonderful time was had by all!
We’ve had such a lovely week a The Tide House.
Fantastic to be so close to the beach but also within a few minutes of the harbour. The house is beautiful and we love all the artwork!
North 3, The Lighthouse
Everything was very good – lovely apartment, very well equipped. Flowers and a Welcome Hamper greeted us upon arrival and there were no problems with parking. Lovely location out of the main town.
Back again for our second dog walking holiday and the Tide House yet again exceeds our expectations.
Beautiful as ever, a lovely welcome hamper from Cherished, and a week of glorious weather in October..what more could we have wanted?..No doubt we will be back again!
This our second visit to The Tide House and it has been wonderful
We cannot fault the property. We have had a fantastic week and are sad to leave.
Exceptionally lovely house with a beautiful décor. Excellent location, I will most definitely be returning to the magical St Ives!
Another fabulous stay at a Cherished cottage!
The Tide House has been perfect for family, friends and Bertie the dog! We are looking forward to our next stay already!
An amazing cottage
With a beautiful interior and a fantastic location. Shame we only stayed a week….but a week never to forget!
The cottage has been brilliant
A great base for exploring the area. Thanks for such a great cottage!
We had a superb week
A real home from home. We had everything we needed and are so glad that we found this beautiful house.
Weekly rates for The Tide House
Short breaks available throughout the year (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays):
Saturday - Tuesday from £475
Tuesday - Saturday from £475
On the map!
The Tide House is a beautiful grade II listed house located in the popular Downalong area of St Ives, Cornwall. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
The Tide House is located on a level road with moderately level access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
The kitchen/dining room/lounge area are located on the ground floor, with one king size bedroom, twin bedroom and family bathroom on the first floor, a king size bedroom with ensuite shower room and a second lounge area are on the second floor. From the second floor lounge area there is a mezzanine twin bedroom.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1PF.
- The Tide House is located on a slightly narrow road with easy access by car.
- The nearest beach is Bamaluz and is located 100 metres away. Porthgwidden, Porthmeor and The Harbour are located between 200-400 metres away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 500 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 300 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are duck down and feather with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors, a carbon monoxide alarm and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the house, full details and the key safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- You can unload outside of the house before parking.
- The Island Car Park is located 300 metres away. This is a council car park and spaces cannot be reserved. Directions to the car park will be emailed to you before your arrival.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There are two external entrances into the house. The front door leads into the lounge area, there is one step up onto front door pathway and a small step through front door. The back door leads into the kitchen through a lobby area suitable for storing wet suits, boots, coats etc, there is one external step up and five internal steps up into the kitchen/dining room.
- The flooring is wooden floorboards.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with electric oven under, full size dishwasher, large upright fridge/freezer split 2/3 for fridge and 1/3 for freezer, microwave, washing machine/drier, combi boiler, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 8 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen/dining room and lounge area are adequately lit by spot lights with central and wall lights on dimmers.
- There is a large dining room table suitable for 8 guests, thermostat for central heating and an ipod docking station with small library of books located in the dining area.
- The lounge area has a 2 seater sofa, 2 armchairs, flat screen TV and a feature fireplace.
- There are blinds to the windows and door.
- Stairs up to the 1st floor are steep and narrow and should be used with care. There are 12 steps up to the 1st floor with a stair gate located at the top.
- The landing is carpeted leading into bedrooms with wooden floorboards and a family bathroom with a tiled floor. The landing has a cleaning storage cupboard.
- The king size bedroom has a king size bed, two bedside lamps and central ceiling light, wardrobe, two chests of drawers, a dressing table with mirror, 2 lamps, a chair and hairdryer. There is a privacy blind to the window and floor length curtains.
- The twin bedroom has two single (3’ beds), two bedside tables, two bedside lamps, a wardrobe/chest of drawers, a feature wooden seat and a hairdryer.
- The family bathroom has a tiled floor with bath and shower over, a shower screen, WC, basin with overhead mirror, towel rail and shelf for toiletries. It is lit by a wall light.
- There are 12 carpeted stairs up to the second floor.
- The stairs are carpeted, the lounge area and bedroom have wooden floorboards and the ensuite shower room is tiled.
- The bedroom has a king size bed, two bedside lamps and wall lights, wardrobe, two chests of drawers, a dressing table with a mirror, lamp and chair and a hairdryer. There is a privacy blind to the window and floor length curtains.
- There is a door from the bedroom into an ensuite shower room. This has an enclosed shower cubicle with electric shower, a Saniflo WC, basin with mirror over, shaver socket, shelf for toiletries and a heated towel rail. The room is lit by downlighters.
- The lounge area has a 3 seater sofa, two chairs, standard lamps and wall lights. There is a flat screen TV with DVD player. There is a blind and floor length curtain.
- There are 12 carpeted stairs up to the mezzanine.
- The mezzanine has two single (3’) beds, two bedside tables, one bedside and one standard lamp and a wall light, chest of drawers, additional smaller chest of drawers and hairdryer. There is a skylight with blackout blind and a dormer window with blinds.
- There is no door to the mezzanine from the stairs and it has some low beams with restricted head height. There are glass windows overlooking the lounge area.
- As with most properties in St Ives, The Tide House does not have a garden.
- There is a small area outside the front of the house with a bench and potted plants.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.