Swell Cottage is a deceptively spacious and versatile property that has benefitted from a recent refurbishment.
In a great location, moments away from Fore Street’s bustling shops and a stones throw from the harbour, beaches and fabulous restaurants. Swell Cottage offers exceptionally spacious accommodation, sleeping up to six guests.
There are the added benefits of a second lounge/snug, an outside courtyard allowing alfresco dining and the house is equipped with all the normal mod cons including WI-FI.
- Weekly prices start from £650
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Three beautifully appointed bedrooms all with TV’s, two with sea glimpses.
- Open-plan lounge and cosy living area with large flat-screen TV.
- Fully fitted kitchen/dining/living room with gas hob, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave.
- Useful courtyard area with outside shower, ideal area to hang wetsuits and store surfboards.
- Contemporary family bathroom and additional modern shower room.
- Complimentary WI-FI
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome basket with Cornish goodies.
- Well behaved pets welcome.
Had a great week.
Cottage is perfect and location great for surfing at Porthmeor.
Very well equiped and comfortable…..and stumbling distance from the Sloop!
I had the most glorious time in this stunning cottage.
Swell has absolutely everything one needs. Superb location, and parking close by.
Loved the time with my dog.
I will be back.
It has been a wonderful weekend
We love the cottage, and it is so convenient for the town.
We will be back with more friends and kids!
Boutique quality feel
Everything you could possible need for a holiday.
Lovely and quiet, whilst having immediate access to the town and beaches.
Dog friendly to boot!!
Lovely house, fabulous stay. We’ll be back.
We have had a perfect weeks stay in this lovely cottage
How nice being by the harbour and beaches.
Love the decor!
Swell is the nicest, friendliest place we have stayed in.
Every room is beautifully done and its location is absolutely perfect. Looking forward to coming back.
Our second stay at Swell Cottage and we shall be back!
Great location with lots to do……..
Look forward to re-booking.
Loved our stay
Gorgeous cottage. Great weekend!
We had a great holiday in St Ives
Enjoyed staying in this lovely cottage. Very tastefully furnished.
A special family holiday in a lovely cottage
Baby Jack dipped his toes in the sea for the first time!
Excellent accommodation in a great location.
We had such a lovely week.
The cottage was perfectly located and very comfortable. Fabulous location for surfing and pottering about town, and a great size cottage for a family group. Great week! Thank you.
Swell Cottage is the perfect holiday house!
It’s in the perfect location for the beach, shops, parking. EVERYTHING you need on the door step! The house is so spacious and still has so much character. The bathrooms and kitchen are fabulous and have more than you need in them. Our favourite part of the property is the outside courtyard and shower. Ideal space for brushing off sand and storing bodyboards. The house is so fabulous, we have already booked our next stay at Swell Cottage. Thank you Cherished and Jo for a fabulous stay!
Lovely cottage, great location.
Everything you could need. Jo and Tess are lovely neighbours!
(Thanks for Will’s art lesson)
Swell Cottage location is spot on!
Lovely holiday, accommodation was home from home, everything you need and more.
Swell Cottage is the perfect location and a really comfortable place to stay.
Weekly rates for Swell Cottage
£650 - £1875
Short breaks available throughout the year (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays):
Friday - Monday from £455
Monday - Friday from £455
On the map!
Swell Cottage is a beautiful house on a pedestrian only cobbled path.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Swell Cottage is located just above the town and access to the shops, restaurants and beaches is a short walk down the hill.
The kitchen/diner and living room are located on the ground floor. There is one king size bedroom, one twin bedroom, and a family bathroom on the first floor. On the lower floor there is a second lounge/snug area, along with one double bedroom and a shower room. There is a courtyard to the rear of the cottage with an outside shower and an area to put surf boards.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1HP. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- Swell Cottage is located on a pedestrianised terrace at the front of the property so there is no passing traffic. There is a narrow access road to the rear of the property. The nearest public car park is approximately 90 metres away.
- The nearest beach is the Harbour (100 metres away) accessed down a hill from the property. And Porthmeor (180 metres away) by a short walk. Porthgwidden, and Bamaluz beaches are a 10 minute walk and Porthminster beach a 15 minute walk away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 50 metres away down a cobbled path with steps.
- The nearest shop is located 80 metres away.
- The nearest large supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away, but with town centre Cooperatives available.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has central heating with radiators, and guests are able to control the timing of these.
- All duvets and pillows are anti-allergic and are not duck down or feather. Quality linen and towels are provided.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking but well behaved pets are accepted.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the front of the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- The nearest car park is Barnoon. Further details on parking will be provided prior to your stay.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives or M&S on the A30 at the Hayle roundabout about 6 miles away.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There are two external entrances into the house.
- The front door is located on Virgin Street, which is an attractive, cobbled pedestrianised street with no motor traffic. There are 2 steps up to reach the front door.
- A double glazed stable entrance door leads into a hallway which opens into an open-planned living room with double glazed wooden sash window to the front, further two double glazed windows to the side.
- There are exposed wooden floorboards throughout the ground floor.
- Two heating radiators, built in shelving, oak ceiling beam and spot lights, open to the kitchen/diner.
- The kitchen is fitted with a shaker style range of base and wall units with granite worktop, inset stainless steel sink and drainer with mono-bloc tap, microwave, electric oven, gas hob with stainless steel splash back and extractor fan. Integrated fridge and dishwasher, exposed floor boards, window seat with storage, oak shelving, heating radiator and inset spotlights.
- Plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 6 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen and lounge/dining room are very adequately lit by spot lights.
- There is a large table suitable for 6 guests in the kitchen diner area.
- The lounge has a long four seater sofa, and two chairs. A flat screen LCD TV, DVD.
- At the rear of the cottage is a useful storeroom with washer/dryer and table top freezer with a double glazed window to the side.
- In the living room there are blinds to the front window.
- The kitchen has blinds to the main window.
- From the hallway there are 14 carpeted stairs up to the king size bedroom, twin bedroom. The bathroom includes a full size bath and separate power shower, wash hand basin and WC.
- The king size bedroom has two bedside tables with lamps, a TV, a chest of drawers and a wardrobe. There is a mirror and a hairdryer is provided. This room also has sea glimpses. There are blinds to the windows.
- The twin bedroom has two single beds, one bedside table with lamp, hanging space, mirror and hairdryer, TV. There is a blind to the window, which also has sea glimpses.
- The landing includes a locked chest and a mirror.
- The 11 stairs with inset LED lighting and bedroom are carpeted. There is a rope handrail above the stairs.
- The shower room has a double glazed upvc window with obscure glass. Heated towel rail, tile flooring fitted shelves and tiled walls, spotlights. Low flush wc, corner shower with multi-jet shower system, vanity unit with mixer tap, extractor fan, shaving point and inset spotlights.
- The double bedroom is double aspect with double glazed upvc windows. Radiator, carpeted flooring, spotlights.
- The second lounge/snug area has a upvc door with double glazing opening onto the courtyard patio. Double glazed upvc window facing the side. Radiator, solid oak flooring recessed alcove, spotlights. There is one step up to the back door which leads to the outside courtyard.
- Unusually with many properties in St Ives, Swell Cottage has an external space, a small courtyard with a very useful outside shower.
- The courtyard gate leads to Hicks Court, off The Digey, which is a quicker route to Porthmeor beach.
- In addition there is some useful storage space outside for surf boards etc.
- To the front of the house is a bench, ideal to catch the morning sun.
- There is no parking allocated to Swell Cottage, but there are various car parks in St Ives, one of which, Barnoon car park is only 50 metres from the cottage. This includes approximately 20 steps down to the cottage.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be replaced into the keysafe provided at the front of the property.
- You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy, as any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.