We are delighted to introduce the uber cool and contemporary Surf Cottage to our portfolio.
Perfectly nestled behind Porthmeor surfing beach in the heart of Downalong St Ives, Surf Cottage is a great choice for keen surfers or for a romantic getaway for two!
Fabulous master bedroom with Super king or twin beds, luxurious marble shower room, sumptuous living space offering plenty of space to kick back and relax after a day on the beach or exploring all that St Ives town has to offer. Taking bookings now for 2018 and Christmas & New Year 2017 .
- Weekly prices start from £625.
- Short breaks available all year round.
- A stones throw from Porthmeor Beach!
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher, dining table seating 4, two seater sofa.
- Zip and Link Bedroom (Super King or Twin configuration) offering sea glimpses and ample drawer storage.
- Luxurious marble shower room located next to the bedroom.
- Stylish living area with an extremely comfortable corner sofa with Flat screen television.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- All bills included.
- Gilchrist & Soames guest toiletries.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Parking space available a 10 – 15 minute walk away.
- Sorry, no pets
Short breaks available all year round (excl. Christmas and New Year)
Friday – Monday from £435
Monday – Friday from £435
On the map!
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, the property is set over three floors so this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users. Guests with limited mobility are advised to continue reading the access statements for more information on each cottage, and call the Cherished office if you need any further details.
Surf Cottage is located on a level road with moderately level access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
The kitchen/dining room are located on the ground floor, the lounge on the 1st floor and the bathroom and bedroom on the 2nd floor.
Sorry, no pets.
Contemporary art throughout the cottage.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery, or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode of ‘Surf Cottage, 6 Porthmeor Court, Porthmeor Road’ is TR26 1NP. Please note: for a Tesco delivery, you must ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- Surf Cottage is located on Porthmeor Road, a narrow road, with access by car. We recommend you unload your car outside ‘The Beach House’ opposite the cottage where you can pull in without blocking the traffic.
- The nearest beach is a very short stroll to Porthmeor. Bamaluz, Porthgwidden and The Harbour are located between 200 and 400 metres away.
- The nearest shop is around 30 metres away.
- The nearest large supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located 0.5 miles away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The cottage has a combination of gas central heating and underfloor heating; guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are manmade non-allergenic with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in the key safe at the cottage; full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- You can unload 5 metres from the cottage before parking.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at the Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- A small lipped step takes you up into the cottage, with a small step down onto the entrance floor mat onto a tiled floor.
- The cottage is heated by adjustable central heating. There is underfloor heating in the kitchen and the bathroom.
Entrance & other information
- The front door leads into the kitchen/dining area. The flooring is made up of tiles. The area has a large window with a slatted blind. There are coat hooks positioned behind the door.
- The kitchen has a sofa with two a side tables, ideal for having a cuppa whilst someone else is cooking!
- There is a dining room table suitable for four guests.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with a built in electric oven and cooker hood, a fully integrated slimline dishwasher, an fridge freezer with water dispenser, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for two guests, DAB bluetooth radio, tea towels, oven glove, cleaning products, and enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The kitchen top is 89cm high and has built in white units with white tiles. The room has a smoke alarm.
- There is an under stair cupboard in the kitchen/dining area, one with the washer dryer and vacuum enclosed.
- The first floor is accessible from the entrance hall by a wooden staircase with 13 stairs. There is a rope handrail to the right and the stairs are open to the left. The stairs have non – slip strips.
- 13 steps lead straight into the lounge area which is lit by spot lights which are on a dimmer switch. There are two sash windows and an additional window, flat screen television, blu-ray DVD player, fantastic modular corner sofa with additional pouffe/coffee table. Modern book shelf with a selection of literature, table lamp, floor lamp and a selection of modern artwork. There is a radiator and the floor is wooden.
- There are 13 wooden stairs up to the second floor.
- There are no steps into the bedrooms or bathroom. There is a full length mirror on the landing
- The bathroom has a large shower enclosure. There is a wall hung WC, heated towel rail and wall hung sink with lit mirrored cabinet over, the bathroom is lit by spot lights and has underfloor heating. There is a wooden door with frosted glass insert and a frosted sash window between the sink and toilet. The floor, walls and sink surround are marble.
- The master bedroom has a zip and link bed that can be either two single beds or a Super King. There are two sash windows in the bedroom with a radiator under. There are bedside tables and lamps to either side of the bed, two chest of drawers and a built in wardrobe with hanging space. There are wooden floor boards and roller blinds to the windows. You can see the sea above the roof tops in this room (if you are tall enough!).
- There is a small area outside the front of the cottage where there is a bench (there is also a small table and chairs in the cottage that can be brought outside. Please take this inside after use).
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be put back in the key safe on departure.
- You are asked to leave the cottage clean and tidy, any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House