Ship’s Loft Cottage
Ship’s Loft is a refurbished fisherman’s cottage in the heart of Downalong, St Ives. With street entrances to both levels of the cottage, the upper level is a beautifully spacious and light open plan living, dining, kitchen area. The lower floor has three bedrooms, with two bathrooms and a useful utility area.
Ship’s Loft really is a perfect St Ives base for a family.
- Weekly prices from £650.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- A beautifully appointed kingsize bedroom with ensuite shower room; and additional double bedroom
- Bespoke toe to toe bunk beds sleeping four.
- Fully fitted kitchen complete with granite worktops.
- Bathroom suite.
- LCD televisions in living room and bedrooms and iPod connections.
- Complimentary WiFi internet access
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
- No pets please
Ship’s Loft Cottage
Located in the popular Downalong area of St Ives and within a couple of minutes walk of the surf beach, Porthmeor, sheltered Porthgwidden and the Harbour beach.
Great stay, lovely place, clean and fresh which was greatly appreciated. Will definitely stay in a Cherished Cottage again!
Faultless! Absolutely beautiful property in a perfect location. Safe with the bedrooms downstairs for our two year old twins. We would love to com back! The property was so perfect, it is going to be hard to go back to our own house 🙂
We had a lovely stay. Cottage is fabulous, great position and very well equipped. Excellent facilities.
When I came across the Cherished Cottages website my search for our “once in a lifetime” St Ives cottage visit was made so much easier. I could see the quality in their photos and the fairness of their prices. Cherished did not disappoint! The cottage was exactly as shown in the photos. Wonderful stay as we felt so at home.!
The property had the “wow” factor when we arrived and we loved every minute of our stay 🙂
Absolutely fabulous stay in this beautifully appointed property.
£650 - £1925
Short breaks available throughout the year (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays):
Saturday - Tuesday from £455
Tuesday - Saturday from £455
On the map!
Ship’s Loft Cottage is a two storey fisherman’s cottage located in the heart of St Ives with easy access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however as the property is set over two floors this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users. Guests with limited mobility are advised to continue reading the access statements for more information on the apartment, and call the Cherished office if you need any further details.
The cottage has two street entrances. The entrance on Norway Lane has three steps into the cottage to bring you to the upper level. This is a light open space encompassing the living, dining, kitchen areas. Stairs down to the lower level lead to the bedrooms and bathrooms, and the back door leading out to the rear of the cottage.
Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1LZ. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
Ship's Loft is located on a slightly narrow road with easy access by car.
The nearest beach is Porthmeor and is located 100 metres away. Porthgwidden, Bamaluz and The Harbour are located between 200-400 metres away.
The main centre of St Ives is located 400 metres away.
The nearest shop is located 2 metres away.
The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
The house has gas central heating.
The duvets and pillows are luxury microfibre (except the master bedroom which has a feather and down duvet) with quality bed linen and towels.
All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
The house is strictly non-smoking.
There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
Keys are located in a key safe at the cottage, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
You can unload outside St Peter's Street Chapel just before Norway Stores.
The Island Car Park is located 250 metres away. This is a council car park and spaces cannot be reserved. Directions to the car park will be emailed to you before your arrival.
On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
We have a comprehensive information folder inside the property.
Entrance & other information
- There are two external entrances into the cottage, one located on Norway Lane to the front and another entrance to the rear. The front door has three large steps up into the cottage. The back door has a step down and leads directly into the lower ground floor, with a sink and utility area immediately inside.
- All rooms are lit by spot lights or similar in the ceilings plus additional lighting as specified.
- The front door for Ship’s Loft is a stable door with integrated porthole and is stepped up and leads into wooden floored open plan living/dining/kitchen.
- The lounge has a sofa, chairs and window seat.
- The lounge has a Smart TV and bluetooth sound system.
- The kitchen has a gas hob, electric fan oven and integrated microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 8 guests, tea towels, oven glove, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The kitchen/dining area is adequately lit by spot lights.
- The island unit has a breakfast bar attached with 3 stools
- There are Velux windows in the roof.
- There are 15 wooden steps down to the lower floor.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- The lower floor is accessible from both the wooden stairs down from the living area, or from street level to the rear of the property via the stable door into the courtyard.
- The master bedroom has a king size bed with two bedside tables, bedside pendant lamps, a wardrobe. The bedroom has an engineered oak floor and the window has a blackout roman blind. The ensuite contains a large shower with integrated seat, sink and WC. Heated towel rail, mirror and lights.
- The second bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables and lamps as well as a hanging rail. The floor is engineered oak and the window has a roman blind with blackout lining
- The third bedroom has bespoke bunk beds, all sized 4 x 3’ singles. There are hooks on the wall and a space under the bunks for bags. Each bed has it's own bedside light and socket on the wall and there is also a blackout blind on the window.
- There is a separate bathroom suite with bath, shower over bath, WC, basin, mirror and heated towel rail. The walls and floor are fully tiled.
- The utility area has a combined washer/dryer and a Belfast sink and also the connection for the outdoor shower. This area has an anti slip tiled floor.
- There is an external shower near the rear entrance, useful for washing off wetsuits, boards and sandy feet!
- The cottage’s bin is stored to the rear of the property.
- There is no allocated parking with this property.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- On departure, keys are to be left in the key safe and/or apartment.
- Please leave the apartment clean and tidy; any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Telephone: 0844 809 9170 / 01736 490640
Hours of operation: 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.