Sailfish Cottage is a beautifully renovated five star fisherman’s cottage in the heart of Downalong, St Ives, blending stylish contemporary luxury with delightful period character. Being only moments from the town, the cottage is perfectly located for the shops, restaurants and award-winning beaches that St Ives has to offer.
- Weekly prices start from £795.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Three beautifully appointed bedrooms configuring two king size bedrooms and one twin bedroom.
- Family bathroom and additional shower room.
- Fully fitted kitchen with oven and hob, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave.
- Open plan kitchen/dining room.
- Cosy lounge with flat screen TV and coal-effect gas stove.
- Digital TV’s in bedrooms.
- One complimentary parking space.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
Another lovely stay in St Ives at this gorgeous cottage. We will be back, and are sad to be going home! We would definitely recommend this cottage to other family and friends.
Very comfortable stay.
We go home relaxed and rejuvenated after a lovely stay at Sailfish Cottage.
Sailfish Cottage is an excellent place to stay in St Ives. 5 minutes to three beaches, shops and restaurants. Would love to come back!
Both the cottage and the town were everything we expected and more!!
We were delighted with ‘Sailfish’ it is a stunning property and so well suited to our needs in every respect, from the flexibility the property offers, the location (so near to the beaches) and the very high standard throughout. We really appreciated the welcome pack you left for us and Tesco delivered our shopping right on time too.
Sailfish is a beautiful cottage, in a fabulous location. It could not have been a more relaxing holiday. We will be back next year! PS Our dog had a fab time at the Scrub Yard, we would definitely recommend them!
We had a lovely time in Sailfish Cottage!
Very impressed by the high standards of absolutely everything
Welcome hamper, quality of decoration, fixtures & fittings and cleanliness, to the little extras like tea, sugar, milk and cleaning items. Truly worth 5 stars.
We have had our best family holiday ever!
The cottage is spacious but cosy and had everything we needed. A great location for the beaches and the town. Can’t wait to come back!
Weekly rates for Sailfish Cottage
Short breaks available throughout the year (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays):
Saturday - Tuesday from £555
Tuesday - Saturday from £555
On the map!
Sailfish Cottage is a beautiful grade II listed former fisherman’s cottage located in the popular Downalong area of St Ives, Cornwall. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Sailfish Cottage is located on a level road with moderately level access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
The kitchen/dining room and shower room are located on the ground floor, with one king size bedroom and lounge located on the first floor and two further bedrooms (one king size and one twin) and the bathroom on the second floor.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1PF. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- Sailfish Cottage is located on slightly narrow road with easy access by car.
- The nearest beach is Bamaluz and is located 100 metres away. Porthgwidden, Porthmeor and The Harbour are located between 200-400 metres away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 500 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 300 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- We have a website with additional photographs and information on www.sailfishcottage.co.uk.
- The owners of Sailfish Cottage can be contacted by telephone, post or email.
- The cottage has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are duck down and feather with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the cottage, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- You can unload outside of the cottage before parking.
- A parking space is provided in the Porthgwidden car park, located 200 metres from the cottage. A permit will be on the dining room table ready for your arrival.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- Because of the very nature of the cottage, there is a low beam in the kitchen.
- There are two external entrances into the cottage. The downstairs entrance has no steps and leads straight into the open plan kitchen/dining room.
- The flooring is tiled.
- There are no steps into the shower room, which provides a walk-in shower, WC, towel rail and small sink and is lit by downlighters and light over mirror which includes a shaver socket.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with electric oven under, full size dishwasher, full size freezer, large upright fridge, microwave, washing machine, drier, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 6 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen/dining room are adequately lit by spot lights on dimmers.
- There is a large dining room table suitable for six guests and a hi-fi with small library of CD’s located in the dining room.
- There are blinds to the windows and door.
- Stairs up to the 1st floor are steep and narrow and should be used with care. There are 10 steps up to the 1st floor.
- Because of the very nature of the cottage, there is a low beam in the kitchen.
- There are 8 steps up to the external entrance to the first floor.
- You come into a tiled porch which houses the combi-boiler. There is a step up to the carpeted landing with doors to the lounge and one bedroom off.
- The lounge is carpeted with a surround sofa seating six people. There is a gas stove, flat screen LCD TV, DVD and video player, and a selection of DVD’s and videos. There are floor length curtains and two upright lights controlled by a dimmer switch.
- The bedroom has a feature fire place (not working), a king size bed, two bedside lamps and central ceiling light, alarm clock, TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers and hairdryer. There is a privacy blind to the window and floor length curtains.
- There are 10 stairs up to the second floor.
- The stairs and bedrooms are carpeted and there is one further step up to one bedroom on your right or one step up to a bedroom and bathroom on your left.
- The right hand side bedroom has a king size bed, two bedside lamps and central ceiling fisherman’s lamp, alarm clock, TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers and hairdryer. There is a privacy blind to the window and floor length curtains.
- The other bedroom has two single (3’) beds, two bedside lamps and central ceiling fisherman’s lamp, alarm clock, TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers and hairdryer. There is a privacy blind to the window and floor length curtains.
- The bathroom has a tiled floor with bath with hand held shower over, WC, basin with overhead mirror with light and shaver socket, towel rail and storage area for toiletries. It is lit by downlighters.
- As with most properties in St Ives, Sailfish Cottage does not have a garden.
- There is a small area outside the cottage where two deckchairs (provided) can be placed.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be posted through the letterbox on departure.
- You are asked to leave the cottage clean and tidy, any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.