Rose Vale Cottage is a beautiful cottage boasting a large sunny garden with an outdoor hot tub. Rose Vale Cottage is centrally located, just a minutes walk from the harbour and the award winning beaches of St Ives.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests; however the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users as there are steps and a stairway in the property. Guests with limited mobility are advised to continue reading the access statements for more information on each cottage, and call the Cherished office if you need any further details.
Rose Vale Cottage is located off The Stennack and the front of the property is accessed from either Bullans Lane (on foot) or through the public car park behind the laundrette on The Stennack. The house is accessed through a wooden gate and down a pathway to a small gate, left through the gate and left again takes you through to Rose Vale Cottage’s front garden. Across the wooden decking area leads to the front door. The ground floor includes the reception hall, open plan kitchen diner, and lounge. The first floor hosts a master bedroom with ensuite shower room. There are a further three bedrooms including a twin/superking bedroom, a king size and a double bedroom. There is also a family bathroom on this floor. Landscaped south facing front garden, laid to lawn with a decked area and a further small terraced area to the rear of the property, which can be accessed through the back door located in the kitchen or via the front door. There is a hot tub located in the garden of the property and an allocated parking space within the public car park.
• Should you require a Tesco food delivery, or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode of ‘Rose Vale Cottage’ is TR26 1FP. Please note: for a Tesco delivery, you must ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it. Please ensure the delivery staff to come to the public carpark (The Stennack Entrance) to deliver as the property cannot be access via car on Bullans Lane.
• Rose Vale Cottage is located off Bullans Lane, where a footpath leads down Rose Vale to the property, however, access to the property by car is through the carpark, off The Stennack. There is one car parking space allocated to Rose Vale Villa. An additional car parking space can be booked on request for an additional sum.
• The nearest beach is The Harbour.
• The nearest large supermarket (Tesco) is located a mile away.
• The bus and train stations are located 0.5 miles away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
• The apartment has central heating; guests are able to control the timing of this.
• The duvets and pillows are manmade non-allergenic with quality bed linen and towels.
• All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
• The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
• There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
• Keys are located in the key safe at the house; full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
• Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
• You can park 20 metres from the house.
• On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at the Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
• We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
Entrance & other information
• Rose Vale Cottage is located to the back of the car park, around the fence and through the gate to the right.
• Through the gate are six steps which lead down to a path. This path leads through to a small gate, through the small gate a pathway leads to 9 steps up, turn to the left and there are three steps down which lead to 5 decking steps up onto decking area. Across the decking there is 1 step down and three steps up to the front door.
• There is a small step over into the hallway.
• The house is heated by adjustable central heating.
• The front door leads into the hallway.
• The flooring throughout the ground floor is laminate wood effect flooring.
• The hallway leads to:
• To the left is a dual aspect lounge which overlooks the garden. There are two snuggle sofas and a three seater sofa, a large Smart flatscreen TV , side tables and lamps.
• The right is a kitchen/diner which has a dining table seating 8 people. The kitchen is white gloss with worktops of 90cm height, wooden worktops, breakfast bar, stainless steel sink with mixer tap, gas hob, electric oven, microwave oven with warming drawer below, 50/50 fridge freezer, small dishwasher, washing machine, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 8 guests, tea towels, oven glove, cleaning products, bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The room is lit by spot lights.
• There is a storage cupboard opposite the breakfast bar. The kitchen houses the boiler and beyond the boiler is the back door.
• There are 9 carpeted stairs up to a small landing and a further 4 steps to the back landing.
• Straight ahead is a fully tiled family bathroom with floating toilet, sink with mono mixer tap and storage below, heated towel rail, shaving point, bath with shower, spot lights and window.
• To the right is the master ensuite king size bedroom with bay window with full length curtains, bedside tables, bedside lamps, ensuite shower room with shower enclosure, small sink with mono mixer tap and storage below, heated towel rail, floating toilet and shaving point.
• To the left is a king size bedroom with divan bed, an alcove with hanging space for clothes, chest of drawers, bedside tables and bedside lamps, spot lights, bay window and roman blinds.
• Back onto the landing heading towards the front of the house are four carpeted stairs down to a small landing and four carpeted stairs up to the front landing where in the centre is a window with a chair and side table.
• To the left is a double size divan bedroom with built in hanging space, a chest of drawers, bedside tables, bedside lamps, spot lights, a window to the front overlooking the garden and a set back window to the side.
• To the right is a zip and link bedroom which can be set up as a 3’ twin or superking bedroom, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe, two windows to the front with roman blinds overlooking the garden and lit by spot lights.
• To the front of Rose Vale Villa is a garden with a path down the centre leading to a gate leading out onto Bullans Lane. To the right is lawn and the left is a decked area. To the rear of the property is a small patio area. There is an outdoor tap to right of the front door. Fences and walls surround the garden.
• Check-out is strictly by 10am.
• On departure, keys are to be left in the key safe.
• Please leave the cottage clean and tidy; any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Telephone: 0844 809 9170 / 01736 490640
Hours of operation: 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.