A fabulous, spacious, bright and luxurious contemporary apartment set in the stunning Belyars Croft. Affording the most spectacular views from its private balcony. Comfortably accommodating up to four guests with two bedrooms, two bathrooms,TV, Wi-Fi and a parking space!
- Weekly prices start from £525.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Enclosed balcony with stunning sea views with table and chairs for dining alfresco.
- Beautifully appointed en-suite master bedroom with superking size bed or twin beds.
- Second bedroom with superking size bed or twin beds
- Additional luxurious family bathroom.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine, dishwasher and microwave.
- Beautifully maintained subtropical communal gardens.
- Lounge with sea views, dining area leading to balcony.
- Large flat screen TV in lounge.
- One parking space.
- Complimentary WI-FI
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome basket with Cornish goodies.
- Sorry, no pets.
Fabulous apartment. We hope to return here soon. Thank you for the Cornish goodies, a lovely touch.
An amazing apartment with superb facilities.
A very homely welcome and New Year in St Ives is great fun!
We have had a wonderful holiday in Cornwall
Fantastic apartment in a very good location. Looking forward to our next visit.
We have had a fabulous week-love the apartment!
All the finishing touches make it feel very homely, thank you.
Lovely light apartment with stunning views!
Puffins had everything that we needed and we had the bonus of fabulous weather.
A beautiful apartment
Breakfast with a sea view – fantastic. Beds were comfy. Everything spot on. St Ives is a lovely place.
Welcome pack much appreciated after long journey. Flat warm, clean and very comfortable.
Fantastic views, superbly equipped, we had a wonderful holiday. Looking forward to our next visit.
Weekly rates for Puffins
Short breaks available all year round (excl. Christmas and New Year)
Saturday - Tuesday from £365
Tuesday - Saturday from £365
On the map!
‘Puffins’ is a contemporary first-floor apartment located in The Belyars area of St Ives, Cornwall, newly built in 2013-14.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests; however, due to the elevation and first floor location of the apartment, this would make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the apartment is unsuitable for wheelchair users as there is no lift.
‘Puffins’ is located above the central area of St Ives, with walks of a moderate gradient to the shops, restaurants and beaches, and depending on the route chosen, some routes involves steps.
There is a parking space for one vehicle, and if your party has more than one car, additional parking can be obtained a few minutes walk away at the St Ives Leisure Centre.
The apartment is on one level and has two bedrooms; beds in both can be configured as super king size 6’ double or as twin 3’ singles. The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room, and there is also a separate bathroom. There is an open-plan living / dining area with an excellently equipped kitchen (with induction hob and oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washing machine / tumble dryer). The living / dining area affords lovely sea views towards across the bay towards Gwithian and Carn Brea through a large bay window and from an enclosed balcony accessed through a patio door.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery, or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode of ‘Puffins’ is TR26 2GJ. Please note: for a Tesco delivery, you must ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- ‘Puffins’ is located within the Belyars Croft development of twelve apartments upon an access lane set back behind landscaped gardens at the front (sea facing) side and car park at the landward side, with easy access by car from the approach roads to St Ives. It is a 500 m (7 minute walk uphill) from the railway station via footpaths then across a road and up a further quiet road, or if you have luggage to carry, a taxi can be booked from the station. The bus station is on Royal Square, opposite the Royal Cinema.
- The nearest beaches are The Harbour and Porthminster (750 m and 500 metres respectively, 8 minutes / 5 minutes on foot). Bamaluz, Porthgwidden and, Porthmeor are located at approximately 1000 m (around a 10 minute walk).
- The main centre of St Ives is located at 500 metres (5 minutes on foot), with the nearest minimarkets and grocery shops at 5 minutes. These walks are downhill from the apartment, and you can expect to take approximately 10 minutes for the return journey. There are good views on these walks to be enjoyed over St Ives and the harbour and across to Lighthouse.
- The nearest large supermarket (Tesco) is located 1.5 kilometres away, close to the Carbis Bay roundabout.
- The apartment has underfloor gas central heating, and guests are able to control the wall thermostats for this. Hot water is available on demand.
- The bed linen and towels are of a high quality. All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The apartment is strictly non-smoking and no pets are allowed.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the apartment, full details and the safe code of which are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- The car park and main entrance to Belyars Croft are on Belyars Lane off Trewidden Road, near the sign to ‘Carrick Lodge’.
- You may park one car only, and must display the permit provided in the apartment in your car at all times. If your party has more than one car, additional parking is available at the Trenwith Long-stay Car Park (near the St Ives Leisure Centre). This car park is a three minute walk from the apartment. To get there, drive/walk along the road directly opposite the Belyars Croft car park and follow the road round. The car park is on the left. It costs £6.40 for 24 hours of parking.
- There is one flight of 17 stairs to the apartment.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives, if arriving by car; or if arriving by train, that you book a Tesco delivery for after 4pm. The nearest local ‘Co-op’ store and other local shops are a downhill walk of 5-7 minutes from the apartment.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There is a front door to the South block of Belyars Croft, which leads to a communal entrance hall, then a flight of 17 steps brings you to a door to a lobby in front of South 4.
- The entrance hall and stairs are tiled.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- Each bedroom has beds which can be configured as a super-king size bed or two single (3’) beds, and each room has two bedside tables, two bedside lamps and one or two pendant lights, DAB/FM radio with iPod docking facility, a built-in wardrobe, and hairdryer. There are venetian blinds to the windows. Bedrooms are carpeted.
- The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room with enclosed shower, WC, basin with mirror with light above, and heated towel rail. The walls and floor are fully tiled. There are spotlights on the ceiling.
- There is a separate bathroom with bath, shower over bath, WC, basin, mirror with light above, and heated towel rail. The walls and floor are fully tiled. There are spotlights on the ceiling.
- The flooring is engineered-oak floorboards.
- The kitchen has an electric induction hob with a built under double oven and cooker hood, a full size fully integrated dishwasher, a large integrated fridge/freezer, a microwave oven, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for four guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, and enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The Silestone sink, ceramic hob and Silestone worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen area has white tiles and white built in units. The room is lit by spotlights.
- There is a dining room table suitable for four guests with bench seating and two dining chairs.
- The lounge area has a large sofa, a small sofa (from late July) and two ‘tub’ chairs. There is a 40 inch flat screen LED SMART TV, a DVD player with a small selection of DVDs, and a CD player with DAB/FM radio and iPod docking station, together with a small selection of CDs. There are two small side tables, one with a table lamp, and also a standard lamp.
- A door from the dining area opens to an enclosed balcony and there are lovely views towards St Ives harbor, Gwithian and Carn Brea. The balcony area is decked in wood and covered. The balustrade is 110 cm high to three sides with the front in wire mesh. The balcony has four outdoor chairs and a table. Note: care must be taken to supervise toddlers and young children on the balcony.
- Windows in the living and dining areas have full length curtains.
- There is a cupboard inside the hall with vacuum cleaner, ironing board, iron, mop and bucket, brush etc.
- Belyars Croft has lovely landscaped gardens viewed from the living / dining area. The bedrooms overlook the car park.
- The gardens are lit at night and provide a very attractive feature.
- To the left had side of the car park is a lower enclosed area for refuse. Another slightly higher enclosed area contains cycle racks and space for surf boards etc (which need to be locked to stands).
- Please note that the leasehold terms and conditions for Belyars Croft mean no washing should be hung on the balcony.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.