8, St Nicholas Court
A fabulous, spacious, bright and luxurious contemporary apartment set in the exclusive St Nicholas Court development next to the beautiful Porthmeor surfing beach. Affording the most spectacular views and stunning sunsets from its private balcony, along the entire length of the beach and out to sea.
Comfortably accommodating up to four guests with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full Sky TV, Wi-Fi and a secure garaged parking space, Number 8 surely is the place for the perfect beach holiday!
- Weekly prices start from £650.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Enclosed balcony with stunning sea views with table and chairs for dining alfresco.
- Beautifully appointed en-suite master bedroom with stunning sea views from the super king size bed.
- Additional luxurious family bathroom.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine, dishwasher and microwave.
- Beautifully maintained development with use of the laundry room and ‘off the beach’ outside shower.
- Lounge with uninterrupted sea and beach views, leading to balcony.
- Flat screen TV’s in lounge and bedrooms. Blue Ray DVD player in lounge.
- One secure garage parking space.
- Complimentary full Sky TV and WI-FI.
- Easy beach access.
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome basket with Cornish goodies.
- Sorry, no pets.
Wonderful views, weather superb. What more could you want? Thank you
8 St Nicholas Court
No 8, is a beautifully appointed apartment affording fabulous views across Porthmeor Beach and to the headland beyond. We would recommend without hesitation. The Fosters Oct 17
Having stayed in various properties in St Ives over the last 20 years…
We can say this is the best for our needs as well as being well equipped and clean. We look forward to our return in September.
A fabulous time here again – thank you all!
We love the apartment and hope to be back soon.
Already booked to come next year!
We had a wonderful time. The view is awesome and watching the ever changing sea mesmerised us at times.
8 St Nicholas Court
The property is in a fantastic location with amazing sea views. No day is the same watching the sea! Cherished are a pleasure to deal with, we will definitely come again next year. The Cockerill Party September 2017
This is the nicest place we have stayed in St Ives. The flat was comfortable and clean, and it’s position above Porthmeor Beach made the holiday for us. Cherished were communicative and helpful. A memorable holiday, thank you!
Will book again, a very comfortable stay.
Number 8 – perfect in every way!
After many years of visiting St Ives we have found excellence. A wonderful location with views over our favourite beach. The apartment has furnishings, fittings and facilities of the highest standard. We really appreciated the whole package – the welcome pack & array of essentials were perfect – well done Cherished and you telephone support was excellent. Love it –… Read more “Number 8 – perfect in every way!”
Glorious views, a wonderful week. Seals swimming beside us as we surfed amazing!
No 8 St Nics!
Fantastic location and fabulous flat. Great to be able to see the sea from the balcony and to abandon the car for a few days.
A beautiful apartment with magnificent views
We had a wonderful week!.
Waking up to a view like that…
puts you in a great mood and keeps you that way-Beautiful.
Weekly rates for Number 8 St Nicholas Court
Short breaks available all year round (excl. Christmas and New Year)
Saturday - Tuesday from £455
Tuesday - Saturday from £455
On the map!
Number 8 is a spacious beach front apartment (the sound of the sea is clearly audible from the lounge and main bedroom), renovated to a high standard in the popular St Nicholas Court development, benefitting from a private covered parking space. Located on Porthmeor Road, Number 8 is perfectly situated to enjoy panoramic views across Porthmeor surf beach, whilst providing privacy from beach dwellers and (due to its private walkway) other residents in the block.
St Nicholas Court can be accessed through a gate on Porthmeor Road. Guests walk through a cobbled walkway and into the courtyard, which is well-maintained throughout the year by an on-site caretaker. The courtyard is home to the communal laundry room and a convenient outside shower, which can be used to wash sandy feet and wet suits.
Number 8 is located on the first floor of St Nicholas Court and is reached by walking up 17 steps. Access to the apartment is along a private walkway opposite the steps.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests. For guests with limited mobility or rely on the use of a wheelchair, there is a stair lift located on the stairs next to number 16. The key can be made available on request.
The apartment opens into a convenient hallway and is all on one level. To the left of the apartment there is a twin room, family bathroom and master suite with superking bed and ensuite shower room. The kitchen is to the right of the hallway and has a breakfast bar into the dining area. The large living and dining area stretches out towards the balcony and affords a splendid sea view. The balcony (which measures 116 cm in height) is accessed through sliding patio doors off the living room. The balcony has been fitted with safety glass. As with balconies generally, young children should not be allowed on the balcony without adult supervision.
Wifi and Sky TV (including sports) are provided free of charge.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1SZ.
- Number 8 is situated on Porthmeor Road and easily accessed by car.
- Number 8 is located on Porthmeor beach which is accessed by going through the courtyard and onto Porthmeor Road and then through the Slipway. Porthgwidden beach and The Harbour are located between 200-400 metres away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 500 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 300 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- The apartment has an electric central heating and hot water system. Guests are able to control the timing of this using the device in the hallway. Electric fuse board is located behind an access panel in the twin bedroom above the wardrobe.
- The duvets and pillows are man-made with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The apartment is strictly non-smoking.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe outside the apartment, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- A parking space (8) is provided in the secure, underground car park of St Nicholas Court. Access to the car park is through a gate on Porthmeor Road (key for the car park will be in the key safe). The car park has a height restriction of 1.9 metres and width of 2 metres, guests with roof boxes are reminded to measure the height of their car including roof box prior to arrival as it may be necessary to remove the roof box before entering the car park.
- There is also a pedestrian door leading from the car park directly into St Nicholas Court.
- Rubbish hoppers are also situated here in a separate bin room.
- Key for the laundry room will be in the flat on the key hook.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
Kitchen and living area
- Flooring is laminated. With a rug in the living area.
- The kitchen has an electric hob and oven under, half size dishwasher, large upright 70/30 fridge freezer, microwave, washing machine, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 4 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen/dining room are adequately lit.
- There is a large dining table seating 6 adults.
- The lounge has two sofas and two bucket chairs comfortably seating up to 6 adults. There is a flat screen LCD Smart TV (40”) with full Sky, including Sky Sports and ESPN and also a Blue Ray DVD player.
- Wifi (access details are contained on a card next to the router; alternatively, they can be found on the router itself).
- A choice of traditional family games can be found in the media unit.
- The balcony has bistro furniture with seating for two. The balcony also has a wall mounted washing line which is retractable for your convenience
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- The laminated flooring of the hallway leads guests into carpeted bedrooms and tiled bathrooms.
- The twin room has two full size single beds, bedside table and light with wardrobe space which includes drawers, hairdryer and wall mounted LCD TV (22”) with Freeview.
- The family bathroom is off the hallway and has a full size bath with a Mira shower.
- The master suite has a superking upholstered bed affording splendid sea views.
- There are two bedside lamps and a central ceiling light, wall mounted LCD Smart TV (28”) with Freeview, wardrobe, chest of drawers and hairdryer.
- The ensuite shower room has an upright shower unit with Mira shower.
Communal laundry room (a washing machine is also provided in the apartment)
- For sole-use by guests and residents of St Nicholas Court.
- Large washing machines and driers.
- Key located in Number 8.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.