Happy Days Cottage
Happy Days is a stylish Downalong cottage, excellently situated close to the beaches, shops and restaurants. A cosy, light cottage, set over three floors and accommodating up to four adults and two children. Happy Days Cottage also benefits from an outside area, the perfect spot to sit and enjoy a glass of wine after a day on the beach or for those chilly winter evenings there is a real wood burning stove!
- Weekly prices start from £600.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Three beautifully appointed bedrooms configuring one king bedroom, one double and one bedroom with bunk beds.
- Family bathroom and additional slipper bath in king bedroom.
- Fully fitted kitchen with oven and hob, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
- Open plan kitchen/dining room.
- Cosy lounge with flat screen TV and wood burning stove.
- Digital TV’s, DVD players and ipod docking stations in king and double bedrooms.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome basket with Cornish goodies.
- Outside area with table and chairs, washing line & hose.
- Fire guard, stairgate, highchair and baby cot all available at property.
- No pets.
We’ve recently come back from a long weekend at Happy Days and couldn’t have been more delighted.
It’s perfectly located between the harbour and Porthmeor Beach – right in the heart of things. The quality of the towels and bedding was excellent and the kitchen had everything we needed. Happy Days indeed…
Happy Days is exactly the right name for this amazing place!
This is our second stay, we absolutely love it.
Had a fantastic week and we are sad to be leaving. Will definitely be back. Thank you.
Everything was perfect!
Thank you for a lovely week in this beautiful cottage.
A truly beautiful cottage in a wonderful location.
This is our 2nd visit to Happy Days and it has been just as good as the 1st. We are already planning our next visit.
Came to Happy Days Cottage for our 1st wedding anniversary.
Had an amazing time in this amazingly beautiful and special place.
Happy Days Cottage
Thank you for a lovely stay at Happy Days Cottage. Everything was perfect and the house is beautiful and was very clean on arrival. The beds are very comfortable too!
A truly beautiful cottage in a wonderful location
This is our second visit to Happy Days Cottage and has been just as good as the first. We are already planning our next visit.
We had an amazing stay at Happy Days Cottage
Location is perfect for all the beaches and shops. Happy Days Cottage is fully equipped with everything you could ask for. Great Welcome Hamper. We will certainly be recommending Happy Days to all our friends and family. We look forward to coming back.
PS Get down the Sloop for one or two ciders!!
The beds were the best we’ve slept in!!
Amazing cottage, couldn’t have asked for it to be better
We all enjoyed a great holiday; and will definitely be back. The bath in the bedroom was fantastic! Thank you.
Thank you so much, your cottage was delightful and we had a great relaxing visit to Cornwall.
We will most definitely use one of your properties again.
Had a lovely week and we’re sad to leave.
Thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful cottage.
Happy Days Cottage
Had a wonderful stay at Happy Days. Such a lovely cottage in a perfect location, the master bedroom with the slipper bath was fab! If you find the cottage is missing it is because we have taken it home with us!! Would love to come back – The Taylors and friends. We will definitely book with Cherished Cottages again.
We had a lovely time, it was our first time in St Ives and we would love to come back next year!
You have a wonderful cottage, everything was catered for and we wanted for nothing.
What a beautiful cottage to stay in
All the comforts of home and perfect for all the things we wanted to do in St Ives. Hope we’ll be back in the not too distant future. Fantastic. Thank you.
Happy Days Cottage is faultless
Perfect in every way and we are notoriously hard to please!
All perfect, a wonderful week
Weekly rates for Happy Days Cottage
Short breaks available all year round (excl. Christmas and New Year):
Friday - Monday from £420
Monday - Friday from £420
On the map!
Happy Days is a traditional Downalong cottage. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, the property is set over three floors so this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Happy Days Cottage is located on a level road with moderately level access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
The kitchen/dining room and lounge are located on the ground floor, with one double size bedroom, bathroom and one bunk room on the first floor and the king size bedroom with additional bath on the second floor.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1NT.
- Happy Days Cottage is located on a slightly narrow road with easy access by car.
- The nearest beaches are Porthgwidden and Bamaluz which are both located 125 metres away. Porthmeor and The Harbour are located between 200-400 metres away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 450 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 250 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- We have a website with additional photographs and information on www.happydayscottage.co.uk.
- The agents looking after Happy Days Cottage can be contacted by telephone, post of email.
- The cottage has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are manmade fibre with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- The cottage does not allow pets.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- You can unload outside of the cottage before parking.
- The cottage does not have parking. However, The Island Car Park is a public car park located 50 metres away at the end of the street. Directions to the car park will be emailed to you before your arrival.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There are two external entrances into the cottage, one located in Island Road to the front and another entrance from a private footpath running behind the cottage. The front door entrance has one step up from the door and one step down leading directly into the lounge. The back door entrance has two steps and leads directly into the kitchen/dining room.
- There is an understairs cupboard housing the vacuum cleaner etc.
- The lounge has a sofa and chair, seating four adults. There is a wood burning stove with complimentary wood logs. There is a fire guard located in the understairs cupboard.
- Also in the lounge is a flat screen TV, DVD player and a small library of DVD’s, books and games.
- The flooring is real oak floorboards.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with electric oven under, full size dishwasher, large upright fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 6 guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The sink, hob and worktop height is 90cm. The kitchen/dining room are adequately lit by spot lights on dimmers.
- There is a dining room table suitable for six guests.
- There are blinds to the windows and door.
- There are 9 carpeted stairs up to the 1st floor.
- There are no steps into the bedrooms or bathroom.
- The bathroom has a full size bath with shower over and shower screen. There is a WC, towel rail and sink with mirror over, the bathroom is lit by downlighters.
- The double bedroom has two windows to the rear. There are bedside tables and lamps to either side of the double bed, a chest of drawers and fitted wardrobes. There is also a TV & DVD player. There are wooden floor boards with a rug and blinds to the windows.
- The bunk bedroom has a window to the front of the house, bunkbeds with storage drawers underneath and a cupboard which houses the boiler and controls. There are downlighters on a dimmer switch.
- There are 10 carpeted stairs up to the second floor.
- Stairs lead straight up to a bedroom with oak flooring with a rug, a king size bed, two bedside tables and lamps and downlighters on a dimmer switch. There is a ‘slipper’ bath with shower attachment. There is a TV & DVD player, chest of drawers, a clothes hanging carousel and a full length mirror. There are windows to the front and rear of the cottage with blinds.
- There is a small area outside the rear of the cottage where there is seating and a small table, there is a storage unit for surf boards and logs for the wood burning stove. This footpath that runs across the back of the terrace of cottages is private and there is a sign on the gates at either end of the path to show this.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be put back in the key safe on departure.
- You are asked to leave the cottage clean and tidy, any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.