Cardinal Point is a wonderful, contemporary ground floor apartment situated above the stunning Carbis Bay beach, with sea views out to Godrevy Light House.
Sleeping 6, this roomy apartment includes allocated parking and both decked and lawned outdoor spaces. The award winning Carbis Bay beach can be reached in 5 minutes by foot through a sleepy, wooded valley and ‘The Jewel in Cornwall’s crown’ St Ives is a 15 minute walk along the coastal path. The perfect position for quick access to St Ives within easy reach of the A30 and St Erth train station.
- Weekly prices from £525.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- A beautifully appointed double bedroom with ensuite shower room, Double room and bunk room./li>
- Spacious only plan fully fitted kitchen complete with dishwasher, and microwave. Separate utility room with washer/dryer.
- Large living and dining area.
- Family bathroom with shower over.
- Large plasma TV in living room with Wii.
- Bluetooth Speaker.
- Complimentary WiFi internet access.
- Bistro style garden furniture for outside terrace.
- TV and Playstation in bunk room.
- Onsite parking.
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
- No pets please
Carbis Bay, St Ives
We liked Cardinal Point so much be have booked to come back next year!
Absolutely wonderful place to stay!
We have had the most fantastic holiday and can’t wait to come back.
Rates OverviewWeekly rates for Cardinal Point
£525 - £1300
Short breaks available throughout the year (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays):
Friday - Monday from £365
Monday - Friday from £365
On the map!
Cardinal Point, The Spinnakers is a ground floor apartment located at the top of Carbis Bay with easy access to the main St Ives Road and a short scenic walk to the Blue Flag Awarded Carbis Bay beach.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests. Guests with limited mobility are advised to continue reading the access statements for more information on the apartment, and call the Cherished office if you need any further details.
There is allocated car parking for one vehicle.
The apartment is on one level on the ground floor with open plan living/dining area and a fully fitted kitchen and a separate utility room. The master bedroom is ensuite, with an additional double room and cute bunk room, along with family bathroom.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery, or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode of ‘Cardinal Point, 1 The Spinnakers’ is TR26 2QS. Please note: for a Tesco delivery, you must ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- The nearest train station to The Spinnakers is Carbis Bay. Buses run on the St Ives Road and Cardinal Point is a 5 minute walk from the nearest bus stop.
- The nearest beach is Carbis Bay which is a 5 minute walk downhill through scenic woods.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 1.3 miles away (5 minutes by car, 20 minutes walking), with the nearest supermarket (Tesco) on St Ives Road only 0.2 miles (a minute by car or a 4 minute walk).
- The apartment has underfloor heating, and guests are able to control the wall thermostats in each room for this. Hot water is available on demand.
- The bed linen and towels are of a high quality. All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The apartment is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place. .
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe, full details are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- The car parking space is just a few steps into the apartment. It is an allocated bay to the right of the car park and numbered.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco in Carbis Bay which is easily accessible by car or foot; or the Co-op or Asda in Hayle, Marks & Spencer on the Hayle roundabout on your way into Carbis Bay, if arriving by car.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
Entrance & other information
- Cardinal Point is accessed through a front door at the rear of the property and via a short paved path.
- One raised lip takes you into the carpeted hallway of the apartment block which has an entrance mat; there are several steps before entering the apartment.
- The apartment is heated by under floor heating and each room has its own thermostat to adjust the heating.
- All rooms are lit by spot lights or similar in the ceilings plus additional lighting as specified.
- The fusebox is situated next to the front door.
- There are hooks for coats in the entrance hallway of the apartment.
- The inner front door for Cardinal Point leads into a carpeted hallway with bedrooms and bathroom off the corridor.
- Following the corridor round to the kitchen/dining/living area, there is a small utility room containing washer/dryer, ironing board, clothes hanger etc.
- The main living area consists of a lounge and dining area which is carpeted with a tiled kitchen off it. The room overlooks the balcony terrace and lawn, a great area for sitting out and easy for al fresco dining; and in addition beautiful sea views.
- The lounge contains a large sofa and chaise longue, a 50 inch TV with Wii. There is also a selection of games, books and dvds.
- There is a dining room table suitable for up to 6 guests.
- The French window in the living and dining area has full length curtains.
- The kitchen has a gas hob with a built in oven and cooker hood, a three quarter sized integrated dishwasher, an integrated fridge and freezer, a Siemens microwave oven, a coffee machine, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for six guests, tea towels, oven glove, apron, cleaning products, and enough bin liners, dishwasher tablets etc to get you started. The kitchen top is 89cm high and has built in units with tile backsplash. The room has a smoke alarm.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- From the front door, the bunk room is the first room on the left. Nicely sized, the room contains white bunk beds with matching child’s wardrobe, TV and Playstation.
- Again from the front door, the room second on the left is the double bedroom, with window and curtains, a fitted wardrobe which also contains the boiler. All rooms have individual thermostats, bedside tables and lamps. There is also a wall mirror.
- The master bedroom has a double sized bed with two bedside tables and lamps, a wardrobe and dressing table. The bedroom is carpeted and the window has curtains. The ensuite contains a large shower, sink and WC. Heated towel rail, mirror and lights.
- There is a separate bathroom suite with bath, shower over bath, WC, basin, mirror with light above, and heated towel rail. The walls and floor are fully tiled. There is a window with blinds.
- Cardinal Point apartment has a small balcony terrace with seating and dining.
- An outside tap is provided. Useful for rinsing off wetsuits and sandy feet!
- There is a small grassy area beyond the terrace with plants.
- There is a communal area to the side of the apartment block where bins are stored.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- On departure, keys are to be left in the key safe and/or apartment.
- Please leave the apartment clean and tidy; any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
Communal - Outside
- The lawned garden contains well established plants with pathways round to the rear and entrance of the apartments.
- The car park has allocated spaces with each bay showing the apartment number accordingly.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.