45 Back Road West
A gorgeous fisherman’s cottage nestled in the heart of St Ives, perfectly situated close to the beaches, shops and restaurants. Sleeping up to four guests, this cosy cottage is set over two floors. The ground floor offers an open plan living, dining and kitchen space along with a double ensuite bedroom.
The first floor houses the family bathroom and master bedroom where you can choose between a twin or super king set up.
45 Back Road West is the perfect spot for a romantic couples getaway or family holiday for those who want to be close to all that St Ives has to offer.
- Weekly prices start from £550.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Fabulous location.
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area.
- Stones throw away from Porthmeor, Porthgwidden and Harbour beaches.
- Modern kitchen with oven, hob and microwave.
- Washer/dryer located on the 1st floor.
- Double ensuite bedroom on the ground floor.
- Master super king or twin bedroom with family bathroom located on the first floor.
- Complimentary WI-FI internet access.
- Modern electric heating system
- All bills included.
- Gilchrist & Soames guest toiletries.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Pet friendly. Accepts two small/medium or one large dog.
We loved the house!
45 Back Road West – Exactly what it says on the tin!!!
Lovely to come in to such a welcoming and well appointed cottage with our dog. Cherished is an understatement : we were Cherished as valued customers, the cottage is Cherished and well designed too. The local goody bag was a delight. Thank you for making our stay so special.
45 Back Road West
A beautiful comfortable and well equipped cottage. One of the cosiest we have ever stayed in. Great location, close to everything you and yet far enough away from the crowds! Thank you Cherished Cottages.
45 Back Road West
A beautiful property, family orientated and dog friendly too! Wonderful position with easy access to all of the beaches, shops and eating places etc 🙂
Short breaks available throughout the year (excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays):
Saturday - Tuesday from £385
Tuesday - Saturday from £385
On the map!
45 Back Road West Cottage is a two storey fisherman’s cottage located in the heart of St Ives with easy access to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however as the property is set over two floors this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the cottage is unsuitable for wheelchair users. Guests with limited mobility are advised to continue reading the access statements for more information on the apartment, and call the Cherished office if you need any further details.
The cottage has one entrance on Back Road West. This leads directly into the lounge diner a cosy space with a small but perfectly formed kitchen. Off the lounge is the double bedroom with shower ensuite. The first floor offers a family bathroom and a further bedroom which is zip and link so can be a twin or superking set up.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1NL. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- 45 Back Road is located on a slightly narrow road with easy access by car.
- The nearest beach is Porthmeor and is located 100 metres away. Porthgwidden, Bamaluz and The Harbour are located between 200-400 metres away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 400 metres away.
- The nearest shop is located 100 metres away.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxi’s are available from both stations.
- The house has electric heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- The duvets and pillows are luxury microfibre with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the cottage, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- You can unload outside St Peter's Street Chapel just before Norway Stores.
- The Island Car Park is located 250 metres away. This is a council car park and spaces cannot be reserved. Directions to the car park will be emailed to you before your arrival.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives.
- We have a comprehensive information folder inside the property.
Entrance & other information
- The front door is located on Back Road West. There are 6 granite steps leading up to the front door with a metal handrail to the left. The last step leads up to the stable front door.
- All rooms are lit by spot lights or similar in the ceilings plus additional lighting as specified.
- The front door for 45 Back Road West is a stable door with a window and leads into wooden floored open plan living/dining/kitchen.
- The lounge has a corner sofa, a flat screen TV, DVD player, radio and a selection of games and DVDs. There is a feature stone wall with wall lights and an old range that is nonoperational.
- The dining area has a drop leaf table which can seat 2 when down or 4 when up. There are two chairs under the table and another three chairs within the cupboard under the stairs.
- There is a small lip up into the kitchen.
- The kitchen has a electric hob, electric fan oven and integrated microwave, fridge with ice compartment, plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses for 4 guests, tea towels, oven glove, cleaning products, enough bin liners, washing tablets etc to get you started. The kitchen/dining area is adequately lit by ceiling and wall lights.
- There is a cupboard under the stairs which houses the fuse box and extra chairs.
- There is a latched wooden door leading though to the double ensuite bedroom.
Ground floor ensuite bedroom
- The lower floor double bedroom has a wooden framed bed, curtains and slatted blinds at the window, fitted wardrobe with drawers and shelf and dressing table with two drawers and a mirror above. There is a bedside table with two drawers to one side of the bed and a shelf on the other, both with bedside lights. There are painted, feature beams with spot lights.
- There is a ensuite shower enclosure with electric heated towel rail, electric shower, toilet, sink with mixer tap and a mirror with shelves.
- There are 10 carpeted steps from the lounge up to the first floor.
- There is a latched wooden door to the left with the washer dryer, clothes airer, vacuum and additional storage.
- Moving across the landing the family bathroom is located on the left.
- The family bathroom has a wooden floor and tiled walls. There is a bath with a shower attachment, toilet and sink with mirror above, an electric towel rail, wall lights , slatted blinds to the window and feature beams.
- The master bedroom has two zip and link beds which can be super king or a twin set up. There is a bedside table to right of the bed with a bedside lamp, a large wardrobe with drawer under and chest of drawers with mirror above, two window seats and a separate chair with cushion. There are curtains to the sash windows, feature beams with up and down lighters. The bedroom has floor boards and an electric heater.
- There is a small area to the top of the steps where you can sit and watch the world go by!
- The cottage’s bin is stored at the bottom of the steps to the property.
- There is no allocated parking with this property.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- On departure, keys are to be left in the key safe and/or apartment.
- Please leave the apartment clean and tidy; any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.