No. 4, Carthew Terrace
A beautiful duplex apartment situated a five minute stroll from Fore Street, Porthmeor Beach and the South West Coast Path. This light and airy apartment enjoys views across the Atlantic, towards the Island, Godrevy lighthouse and beyond. The dining space is the perfect spot to watch the sunset with your favourite tipple.
No. 4 is the perfect, quiet spot for a relaxing break and would suit both small families or couples looking for a romantic getaway.
- Weekly prices start from £550.
- Short breaks available in low season.
- Beautiful King size bedroom with views out to sea.
- Twin/Super king Zip and Link bedroom.
- Fantastic views from the living/dining space.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven and hob, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Complimentary superfast WI-FI internet access.
- Central heating.
- All bills included.
- Gilchrist and Soames guest toiletries.
- Quality bed linen and towels included.
- Welcome hamper with Cornish goodies.
- Parking for two cars directly outside the property.
Amazing views and a great location
The walk into St Ives keeps you fit and isn’t far at all! Fantastic house equipped with everything you could possibly need.
Love the way No 4 is decorated & furnished & the attention to details (love the photographs) – Spot on!
Beautiful holiday home, views are amazing – we could have looked out of the windows all day 🙂
Fabulous apartment, views and weather!
We had a lovely time, thank you so much!
£550 - £1475
Short breaks available throughout the year(excl. Christmas, New Year and school holidays):
Friday - Monday from £385
Monday - Friday from £385
On the map!
No. 4 is a beautiful duplex apartment on a private terraced road which sits above Porthmeor beach. No. 4 offers views over the Atlantic from the living room and master bedroom. No. 4 is located in the higher part of town (just around the corner from the Barnoon cemetery). Just a 5-7 minute walk into town and a 5 minute walk down to Porthmeor Beach.
We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult and the house is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
The kitchen and living/dining room are located on the 1st floor. There is also a twin/super king bedroom along with the family bathroom. On the second floor there is a king size bedroom . There is parking for two cars to the front of the property.
- Should you require a Tesco food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is TR26 1EB. Please note: for a Tesco delivery please ensure it is booked to be delivered after 4pm when you are there to receive it.
- The nearest beach is Porthmeor (600 metres away) accessed down a steep hill, and the Harbour (800 metres away) along past the cemetery and down a steep hill with approximately about 50 steps. Porthgwidden, Bamaluz and Porthminster beach are approximately a 15 minute walk away.
- The main centre of St Ives is located 600 metres away down a flight of approximately 50 steps.
- The nearest shop is located 100 metres away.
- The property is situated approximately 5 minute walk to the Tate and Barbara Hepworth Museum.
- The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is located 1 mile away.
- The bus and train stations are located ½ a mile away, plenty of taxis are available from both stations.
- The house has gas central heating, guests are able to control the timing of this.
- All duvets and pillows are anti-allergic and are not duck down or feather. Quality linen and towels are provided.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking.
- Pets are accepted.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Keys are located in a key safe at the house, full details and the safe code are provided prior to your holiday.
- Please be advised that arrival time is strictly 4pm onwards.
- There is one parking space located directly opposite the property. The size of the parking space is approximately 4.8 metres long by 2.5 metres wide. A second parking space is directly in front of the property. The size of this space is approximately 4.1 metres long and 2.1 meters wide.
- On arrival there will be a welcome basket including Cornish provisions, tea bags, milk and fresh flowers. However, we recommend that you shop at Tesco, Carbis Bay on your way into St Ives or M&S on the A30 at the Hayle roundabout about 6 miles away.
- We have a comprehensive information folder and plenty of leaflets on local attractions.
- There is one entrance to this property, the front door.
- The front door is located on Carthew Terrace. There is a small step up to the path leading up to the front door and then a further 4 steps up to the front door. When entering the property there is a small step down onto a tiled entrance porch with a spot light.
- Stepping through the second door, you enter the carpeted entrance hallway, with radiator, mirror with shelf and coat hooks.
- Continuing under the feature archway, there are 14 carpeted stairs up to the first floor with a handrail to the right.
- Directly ahead of you is the twin/super king bedroom with pendant light, white slatted blind and curtains, two bedside tables both with bedside lamps, two three draw chest of drawers, two circular mirrors and a full length mirror, wall mounted television and hooks with wooden coat hangers. There is wooden panelling behind the bed and an additional wicker chair. A hairdryer can be found in the chest of drawers. The fuse box is also located in this room.
- Next to the twin/super king bedroom is the family bathroom. There is a bath with shower over with glass shower screen, a window with slatted blinds, toilet, sink with cupboard below heated towel rail, shaving point and mirror with shelf below. All walls are tiled, as is the floor.
- Heading out of the bathroom and towards the front of the house there are two steps up to the landing which is lit by spot lights.
- To the left is the kitchen, with tiled splash back and wood effect laminate flooring. The kitchen has a small window above the sink and includes a free standing 50/50 fridge freezer, washing machine, dryer, slimline dishwasher, stainless steel sink, gas hob with extractor above and an electric oven. The worktop is 88cm high and the oven is 108cm from the floor at its highest point. The kitchen has plenty of storage space and houses the boiler.
- Beyond the kitchen is a beautiful stained glass door that leads through to the lounge/diner which offers fabulous views across the Atlantic and over to Godrevy Lighthouse.
- There is a bay window and separate smaller window which all have roller blinds.
- The circular glass dining table is perfectly nestled in the bay window and seats up to four people.
- There are 2 three seater sofas, a floor lamp and additional table lamp and two globe pendant lights which are operated by dimmer switches on the wall. The floor is carpeted and also has a rug. There is a long storage unit which houses games, books and a bluray dvd player. There is a flat screen Television and a ipod dock/radio. There are two leaf shaped side tables. A large mirror hangs behind one of the sofas.
- Exiting the lounge and to the left are 13 carpeted steps leading up to the master bedroom. Offering superb views from the dormer window with the addition of two velux windows. There is a king bed with a metal bed frame, a large chest of drawers, hanging rail and two bedside tables with additional storage. A desk is positioned in the dormer window, with a chair and table lamp. A television with dvd player in built is wall mounted opposite the bed and there is an additional full length mirror. The bedside lights are wall mounted onto the white washed wood panel wall behind. A hairdryer can be found in one of the drawers.
- The ceiling is of full height except towards the sides of the room where it meets the roof line.
- All windows within the property are double glazed.
- There is a small terraced area to the front of the property with pot plants and adequate seating for four people.
- The parking spaces are directly in front of the property.
- There is one parking space located directly opposite the property. The size of the parking space across the road is approximately 4.8 metres long by 2.5 metres wide. A second parking space is directly in front of the property. The size of this space is approximately 4.1 metres long and 2.1 meters wide.
- Check-out is strictly by 10am.
- Keys are to be replaced into the keysafe provided at the front of the property.
- You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy, as any unreasonable additional cleaning required may be charged for.
The Light House
Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday.